News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I noticed that there were no Merchant Republics on the Indian Ocean, so I conquered Basra and then made it one. I'll be raking in the taxes. :menace:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on April 23, 2014, 07:24:37 AM
What the hell is Manuchihr? :hmm:

LOL CAN I BE: HRFUNHIRA?
It went full Ibadi after my vassals conquered and converted Mecca and Medina. Sunni Islam is now an Ibadi heresy.

I conquered the rest of Iberia and half of Bavaria, then dropped dead at 50. My son didn't inherit Aquataine, the wife capitulated to a coup rather than trying to fight and calling me in. :rolleyes:

Whatever, I have a claim now, so once the current king dies and his son has to fight a civil war I'll intervene and grab the whole country.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Just have to clean up a bit and I will have regained Gaul.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Valmy

Jesus Christ...and it is only 1106.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Queequeg on April 25, 2014, 09:56:34 AM
Are you culturally Greek?
Yes.

Persia went Ibidi for a couple of decades demoting the Sunnis to a heresy, but it just flipped back to Sunni after Cumania somehow conquered the western half. Sunni is now back to being the orthodox belief.

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on April 25, 2014, 09:58:40 AM
Jesus Christ...and it is only 1106.

Here's me in 1166. Aurangids were mine but I released them as part of my plan of releasing self-sustaining Zoroastrian states (i.e. once the various conquest penalties on levies have worn off). Poland is next to be release and then I can't wait to release Zoro Scotland. :D

Also, kinda odd how concubines have lead to me having a ginger Shahenshah.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

That's much more impressive.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

I did take the throne of Aquataine by the way, but I've been unable to destroy it as yet because my empire is so large some vassals are always fighting in it. <_<

1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Liep

I'll be stealing that gif.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

I waited to play the Zoroastrians until map was expanded to fit in Afghanistan and India and then oddly, I've mostly stayed out of India. :hmm:

I'm thinking if I eat enough of Europe in time, I might form one of the western empires (Byz, HRE or Carpathia depending on what is allowed) and then spin off Persia. I'm not looking forwards to the obnoxiousness of fighting Mongol stacks - particularly given how long it takes to traverse steppe provinces.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

I'm gonna fight the Mongols and the Aztecs at the same time!  :ph34r:

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

I don't actually see how either bring any fun to the game given how blatant the AI cheat is. A more annoying version of adventurers.

Razgovory

I am now playing Byzantium as well, though I had to conquer it first.  Now I rule over a vast Catholic empire where my Greek subjects hate me.  It'll be a rocky ride cause my idiot king is celibate and has one daughter.  I also rule the Kingdom of Jerusalem which I picked up on a crusade.  I'm wondering if I should give away kingdom titles when my king dies to keep a hold on Byzantium.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017