News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: chipwich on April 20, 2014, 07:11:48 PM
I have no idea how Tim or anyone conquers that much territory so fast (100 years!), even if he got a lucky claim on Kingdom of Italy.

It's all about the Holy Wars....or, even better, the Tribal Invasions.  If you want a fun (extremely gamey) game (and I think you need Rajahs of India to pull this off correctly), start as the Count of Nantes in 867 (he has a bunch of event troops, which will make this easier).  Go conquer Sardinia (you need this for diplomatic range).  Then Swear Fealty to Khazaria and convert to liege's culture (Khazar).  Khazar is Altaic, so not only do you get the horse archer retinues, you get the Tribal Invasion CB (a Kingdom at a time), as soon as you are back to independent (conquer the rest of Ireland and by that point you can probably start your own faction).

I have essentially the whole map by 1100 in that game, including all of the new Indian territories.

Zanza

To expand fast as the Byzantines takes lucky timing and a lot of opportunism. If you have many smaller enemies available, attack several of them at the same time, mobilize and siege all of them. That allows you to conclude several small wars at a time. You should also always try to go for decisive battles as that is much faster than sieging yourself to 100% warscore against a big enemy.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on April 22, 2014, 01:33:59 PM
You should also always try to go for decisive battles as that is much faster than sieging yourself to 100% warscore against a big enemy.

Not sure on that. As I noted, pretty friggin' quick for me to assault myself to 100% warscore - faster than the time by which enemies large stacks can reach the contested provinces.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Have noticed a few bugs.  Sometimes people have two noses and their portraits are distorted.  For some reason my own 3 year old son is furious at me fore being a title claimant.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

Quote from: garbon on April 22, 2014, 01:40:12 PM
Not sure on that. As I noted, pretty friggin' quick for me to assault myself to 100% warscore - faster than the time by which enemies large stacks can reach the contested provinces.
Yes, that's true and can actually be even better than a decisive battle. It's definitely the best tactic when your big enemy is busy somewhere else and has just move all his troops to the other side of his realm. Attack, assault and get 100% without fighting a single battle.

In general, you should just try to get a victory asap and not wait for long sieges if you want to expand fast.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on April 22, 2014, 02:04:57 PM
In general, you should just try to get a victory asap and not wait for long sieges if you want to expand fast.

Yep. Little to be gained out of protracted war (except in a few rare cases when you are on the defensive and vastly outnumbered - then hope AI frits away troops via attrition / had another war breakout in the mean time and ticking war score saves you :D).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I had to kill my idiot brother.  I tutored him as child, and he had a +66 opinion of me.  I married him off to some Italian duchess.  What does he do?  He run off, joins a crusader order, becomes celebrate and then attempts to rally an invasion of England.  So I have him murdered, and now I'm the bad guy!

Also for some reason the entire Templar order has it's troops mobilized in my country.  They don't move or anything, they just sit in one province.  They'd done it for decades now.  I can't hire them, or get them to do anything.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

garbon

They do need to do something about a) it being considered wrong to take preemptive steps against would-be adventurers who stem from your realm and b) against would-be adventurers who are your family members (particularly far distant relations).

I only survived when I had to imprison/kill* a distant relative who was preparing an invasion on my empire because I was the Saoshyant and that gave me +20 relations with all vassals & had a divine (aka incestuous) marriage adding +10 & enough gold to placate anyone who was still displeased.

*assassination chance was nil and chance was high to be discovered...

Razgovory

Here's something.  The Khazars have made a come back, and Cumania is down to one province.  State religion of Cumania: Jewish, state religion of Khazaria: Tengiri :lol:

I sent my bishop over there just to see what happens.  I've never actually seen a country convert from sending missionary to their court.  I have essentially built Canute the Great's empire.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2014, 10:42:46 PM
I've never actually seen a country convert from sending missionary to their court.  I have essentially built Canute the Great's empire.

I've never had it work either. Even when they agree to let my missionary stay, they always eventually imprison him. Only conversions I've triggered is when I've holy warred a pagan state but it is entirely unclear to me how AI makes calculation (as I'd think my 100k strong army would trigger a quick conversion rather than getting obliterated).

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on April 22, 2014, 10:47:13 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2014, 10:42:46 PM
I've never actually seen a country convert from sending missionary to their court.  I have essentially built Canute the Great's empire.

I've never had it work either. Even when they agree to let my missionary stay, they always eventually imprison him. Only conversions I've triggered is when I've holy warred a pagan state but it is entirely unclear to me how AI makes calculation (as I'd think my 100k strong army would trigger a quick conversion rather than getting obliterated).
I think it's recommended that you only send over you missionary if the king/lord is cynical.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Inherited the throne before I turned two, hailed Theophanes the Great at age 12.
He's conquered much of Iberia and is engaged to the Queen of Aquataine.
He will come into his majority next year.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

What the hell is Manuchihr? :hmm:

LOL CAN I BE: HRFUNHIRA?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

There is a guy with a wikipedia page who has that name.

Razgovory

I went on crusade was crippled lost a son, and found out that heir is now celibate :mad:.  I also spent all my cash fighting the infidels.