And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 20, 2014, 10:33:26 PM
Remember to kill the Danes.

Currently they are ruled by a gay cynic.  garbon the viking lord.  He was overthrown once in favor of his infant son, who he promptly murdered.  After a long civil war he now rules both Sweden and Denmark.  I suspect Norse paganism will not go out with either a bang or a whimper, but a glitterbomb and a pity remark.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: chipwich on April 20, 2014, 07:11:48 PM

I also started Old Gods and got this far by 1130
You're growth looks to have been much more natural. You're at a tipping point, with the Muslims splintered you should be able to conquer the rest of Egypt and the Levant in fairly short order. I am worried about the fact that you seem to have made several vassal kings. The Syrian one in particular seems unnecessary.

In my opinion the latest change that adds a -25 relation penalty to kings should be limited to kings outside the dejure empire.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on April 20, 2014, 09:18:55 PM
You guys are clearly much better at this game than I am.  I bow before your mad skills.
I actually don't find it any fun to run a kingdom/empire that big.  I played briefly as the Byzantines a couple of times and LOL POPUPS :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on April 21, 2014, 11:50:53 AM
LOL POPUPS :(

It is very obnoxious. The message settings don't really give you enough to specifically hone what you actually want to see.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Yeah, and anyway I like to start small and weak and try to expand.  I find that way more fun, personally.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on April 21, 2014, 12:57:48 PM
Yeah, and anyway I like to start small and weak and try to expand.  I find that way more fun, personally.

I wasn't particularly strong when I started as the Zoroastrians. :P

Actually, one thing I've been considering is using a house rule that I won't use retinues. Those really seem to be a major issue as they tilt the balance of power in my favor.  At the current moment I can field about 45k of heavy infantry, cavalry and horse archers. If I send the 3 separate stacks near a holy war target - I can generally assault enough holdings to win the war before the AI has a chance to blink. Wouldn't work so well if I limited myself only to levy troops. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Are there a lot of Zoroastrian only events?  In Ironman Karen Satrapy I always get Bukkaked by Muslims. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

I'm not sure if there are any Zoroastrian only events. From memory everything just seems to be an adapted version of events for other religions.

I wasn't playing Ironman but strategy I involved a couple times where I "hid" by converting to Islam when attacked by Shia and Sunni caliphates. Saffarids didn't pose much of a problem as they didn't try to attack me much while I maintained high relations with them (gifts + chancellor). Key seemed though to be constantly attacking nearby neighbors and hoping that other wars would befall enemies (survived Abbasids a few times as they had revolters tear them apart).

Valmy

My international Khazar Conspiracy game was going pretty well, I expanded to cover the de Jure area of Tartaria and was having slug matches with the Saffarids trying to break through into the Middle East.  Then the Seljuks showed up around 1000 and completely destroyed me.  It was ridiculous I would corner their 4,000 man force with a 12,000 army and that 4,000 would completely annihilate the 12,000 army with barely any losses.  Since I was already heavily outnumbered and they had that 'invade and take everything' CB thing I was speaking Turkish...well a slightly different dialect of Turkish...in a few months.

Tim and Chipwich would have already conquered France by that point so this would have been no problem  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on April 21, 2014, 01:43:44 PM
My international Khazar Conspiracy game was going pretty well, I expanded to cover the de Jure area of Tartaria and was having slug matches with the Saffarids trying to break through into the Middle East.  Then the Seljuks showed up around 1000 and completely destroyed me.  It was ridiculous I would corner their 4,000 man force with a 12,000 army and that 4,000 would completely annihilate the 12,000 army with barely any losses.  Since I was already heavily outnumbered and they had that 'invade and take everything' CB thing I was speaking Turkish...well a slightly different dialect of Turkish...in a few months.

As I noted earlier - downside is now that Seljuks/Ghaznavids/Timurids now popup with their eponymous leader showing up prior to invasion. Using the character search, you can easily find them and eliminate them before they ever pose a problem. -_-

chipwich

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 21, 2014, 07:21:35 AM
You're growth looks to have been much more natural. You're at a tipping point, with the Muslims splintered you should be able to conquer the rest of Egypt and the Levant in fairly short order. I am worried about the fact that you seem to have made several vassal kings. The Syrian one in particular seems unnecessary.

In my opinion the latest change that adds a -25 relation penalty to kings should be limited to kings outside the dejure empire.

I didn't know about the -25 penalty at the time. Incidentally, I created Syria because Armenia had conquered the territory on it's own (a somewhat logical reason to have king vassals on religious frontiers) so I granted it to some scrub to halve Armenia's power

Razgovory

Quote from: Razgovory on April 21, 2014, 12:30:49 AM

Currently they are ruled by a gay cynic.  garbon the viking lord.  He was overthrown once in favor of his infant son, who he promptly murdered.  After a long civil war he now rules both Sweden and Denmark.  I suspect Norse paganism will not go out with either a bang or a whimper, but a glitterbomb and a pity remark.

Turns out I captured him and then executed him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on April 21, 2014, 06:09:38 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 21, 2014, 12:30:49 AM

Turns out I captured him and then executed him.

Good man.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on April 21, 2014, 01:43:44 PM

Tim and Chipwich would have already conquered France by that point so this would have been no problem  :P
I usually do well, but I usually start as a Duke or King with potential. The last time I started as count (Vermandios) I didn't do to well.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Raz III is dead, long live Raz "Live free or Die hard", IV.  The war against the the Norse which has spanned six generations is almost over  Soon all pagans, wiccans and dawkinites will be burned from Scandinavia and replaced by good Anglos-Saxon Catholics who have stupid names like "Morcar".