News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Slavic Khazarian would appear to be a contradiction in terms. I presume you meant Slavic Jewish, or else Khazars who Slavicized?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Valmy

Quote from: Queequeg on April 11, 2014, 11:10:56 AM
Slavic Khazarian would appear to be a contradiction in terms. I presume you meant Slavic Jewish, or else Khazars who Slavicized?

I presume he meant ethnic Khazars with Slavic religion.  Nothing contradictory about that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

You can also have people who are "racially" khazar (they use the Turkic faces) and Slavic in culture.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 11, 2014, 11:17:55 AM
You can also have people who are "racially" khazar (they use the Turkic faces) and Slavic in culture.

Possible but unless he was really paying attention garbon wouldn't be able to tell them from former Cumans.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on April 11, 2014, 11:19:19 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 11, 2014, 11:17:55 AM

Possible but unless he was really paying attention garbon wouldn't be able to tell them from former Cumans.
:yes:

And you nailed it on what I meant. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

That's kind of, you know, what happened. Look at how many Russian rulers have epicanthic folds.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Agelastus

Has anyone else had the situation where the Pope and the Anti-Pope are vassals within the same realm? It seems to have disabled(?) hostilities between them with unfortunate consequences.

The Pope is a direct vassal of the Emperor of Carpathia.
The Anti-pope is a vassal of a Polish Duke, vassal of the King of Poland, who is a vassal of the Emperor of Carpathia.

And there's been no religious conflict over the issue for more than 20 years.

I may have to edit the save-game to eliminate him, I think. :hmm:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Caliga

Hehe, I just noticed that at the 1066 start there's a courtier named Johan Andersson in some random Swedish province. :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

This continue to go well. Experience tells me this can't go on forever.  :ph34r:

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

A Byzantine Empire of that size is invincible. Just destroy the Abbasids and Umayyads in constant holy wars against either of them.

Caliga

The Sons of Lodbrok wars in the 867 start annoy me playing as Ivar.  For some reason, both times I've started with him I conquer the shit out of Strathclyde and take holdings in Northumbria, but the war ends with Jorvik picking everything up except for counties where I control every single holding, and then I get nothing in Strathclyde, but since that other (East Anglia) war is still going on, I am almost immediately at war with Strathclyde, Scotland, etc. again. :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

ulmont

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 15, 2014, 08:12:26 AM
This continue to go well. Experience tells me this can't go on forever.  :ph34r:

From where you are, you should beeline to the restored Roman Empire decision.  Gives you duchy-level CBs against all Christian's inside Rome's maximum borders.

Zanza

As Byzantines you can typically fight multiple external wars at the same time. Just pick three to five victims, declare and mobilize and once you ended all wars, you can rinse and repeat.

The only exception is when your ruler is old and sick. Wait until he dies and destroy the inevitable factions. Once you did that, your next ruler will almost certainly be able to just rule unopposed for the rest of his reign as the power difference between the emperor and even his most powerful vassals is so big.

OttoVonBismarck

I did a Byzantine game with an 867 start awhile back and found it is actually easier than the traditional 1066 start. You start off with fewer provinces but instead of the Seljuks and Fatimids you have a much weaker Egypt and Abbasids, both of whom you should raise all your armies and rip away valuable duchies as early as possible and it keeps them weak for the whole game and susceptible to being slowly devoured. Without those two threats you can then basically do whatever you want as BE.

OttoVonBismarck

And I think Timmay is only Alexandria short of reforming the Roman Empire, and actually mending the Great Schism as well if he were so inclined. At that point it's a question of how much of Western Europe can you subjugate by end game (the answer is probably all of it before 1066 even lol.)