And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

QuoteThe Messalian heresy now has access to Absolute Cognatic Succession

But only if they are 'perfecti' right?

This must be a new heresy I have never seen the Messalians before and I play a lot in the Orthodox part of the world.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

[Psellus]Turkish should be Oghuz, and all of the Turkic peoples should have patronymics. [/Psellus]
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

I put my game on Steam but it won't give me achievements. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2014, 04:18:09 PM
I put my game on Steam but it won't give me achievements. :(

Did you turn on Ironman mode? You can't get them without that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

I hate ironman.  I rarely load a game anyway but when I mis-click and accidentally screw up dolling out titles to vassals and heirs or something it is nice to be able to load the autosave.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2014, 04:21:59 PM
I hate ironman.  I rarely load a game anyway but when I mis-click and accidentally screw up dolling out titles to vassals and heirs or something it is nice to be able to load the autosave.

Yeah, I've no interest in it / I can't stand autosaving every month. Always causes a perceptible freeze for a moment which I find jarring. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on April 04, 2014, 04:24:48 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2014, 04:21:59 PM

Yeah, I've no interest in it / I can't stand autosaving every month. Always causes a perceptible freeze for a moment which I find jarring. -_-

Oh yeah that part sucks to.  It is bad enough having one every year.

garbon

I think it was a bad idea to have Ghaznavids, Seljuk and Timur start off as individual character prior to their invasions. Unless one enjoys the challenge of fighting off attritionless doomstacks (which is only really doable if you've expanded like crazy prior to the respective character events), there isn't really any reason to suffer said characters to live. Ghaznavid character and Seljuk started up in my realm. Imprisoned and executed both...anticlimactic. -_-

Agelastus

Finally surrendered and activated the Steam version I was "gifted" with when Paradox cast Gamersgate adrift. :glare:

All of my previous Welsh kings have been lustful and fruitful (my previous king fathered four children in his Sixties on a homosexual wife.) My current king and his wife, both with fertility bonuses and both at prime breeding age, can't manage an heir in a decade...and I really, really need one at the moment. :glare:

I'm also curious as to why my relatives all want to marry their relatives (one of my previous kings had to assassinate the wife of his heir three times - he'd married "inbred", "family", "family" :huh:) - is this something to do with diplomatic range leaving their "marriage lists" filled with a disproportionate number of relatives?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Josquius

Ironman is artificial. The game does sometimes crash and often I like to try experimenting with silly things just to see what happens.
██████
██████
██████

Agelastus

OK. 1167 and finished uniting the British Isles (as the Empire of Prydain - I feel very "Taran"-esque.)

Went slowly as I wanted to bring all the old Brythonic lands under the de-jure Kingdom of Wales before gaining a higher title, including the Hen Ogledd.

Ground the Scots to death with my worst king/Emperor. I still sometimes wonder just how the logic works for some of these "AI" characters; the lowborn spymaster of Scotland (who was also the regent most of the time) co-operated with me in assassinating six successive Scottish kings leaving him regent to the ruler of a one province minor. De Jure war for a county, assassinate the king, de jure war for a county...etc. etc.  :D

Impressions:

(1) Over the last few expansions and iterations factions have become a lot easier to control; not one faction war and only twice with "dangerous factions" in three hundred years. :hmm:

(2) Conversely religion has gotten awfully close to going past interesting and into annoying. Having four separate heresies in strength in your realm at one time is not only annoying but (I'm pretty sure) basically ahistorical.  :glare:

(3) You can still send a gift to a brand new pope for the basic cost if you're quick off the mark; I always thought this was a bug, but maybe it's design... :hmm:

(4) The game is still enormous fun. Other kings of my dynasty rule France, Brittany and Germany - and most of Brittany and eastern France has become Welsh in culture (a successful early adventurer from my realm. :D) The Byzantines have gone Bogomilist, the Norse have reformed and launched their equivalent of a crusade (despite the Catholic crusades not triggering - presumably partly because Jerusalem has been part of a lonely three province Byzantine enclave for about 250 years) and the most successful Islamic power holds the Imperial title of Hispania (most uccessful since the Arabian Empire of the Karen collapsed, anyway.)

(5) Why was I stuck as Wales (an Anglo-Saxon term) when Scotland became Alba when my ruler acquired the title...

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

garbon

Well I didn't know that rule. Head of a religion doesn't declare Great Holy War (or equiv) unless landed? Had reinstated priesthood for Zoroastrians but only once I gave head priest a province did he nearly immediately declare a great holy war for Arabia.

Syt

New official patch out.

I started a game as Saffarids. It's been ages since I've played Muslims. I took the Tahrids, then later started a holy war against that Zoroastrian Satrapy South of the Kaspian Sea.

At 85% war score they didn't want to peace out, and the second I took another holding they decided to turn Sunni, thus ending the war. Bastards. Now I will have a huge piety cost when I want to grab their lands.  <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Started my first game of RoI as the Byzantines. Expansion was hampered early on by several revolts by Iconoclasts and Sunni but then I got really lucky with my first marriage. I paired up my father with an Italian princess and their daughter inherited the crown, only to die of an illness a few weeks later, leaving me Italy.

Had the son of Satan event fire. I divorced my wife and banished him in the hopes I'd get to seem him take over another kingdom but he kept killing my sons even though he's now a bastard, so I had him shanked.

Things are looking pretty good.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

In my current game - Ruthenia, Khazaria and Bolghar are all lead by Slavic Khazarian monarchs. :hmm: