News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Caliga, Hrothgar is the king in Beowulf. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 02, 2014, 10:09:53 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 02, 2014, 07:05:42 PM
Hiding out from the new Arabian Shia Caliphate (80.000 troops wouldn't you know), I converted to Shiite from Mazdeism. Married myself to two Byzantine sisters (why Empire is Sunni, I don't know) whom I later caught scissoring. As a result they ran off and committed suicide. Lovely!
What's Mazdeism?
He meant Mazdaism.  The Zoroastrian God in the old Iranian language (Avestan) is Ahura Mazda.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Hey the spelling with e shows up as a minor variant here and there (and for the most part, I never nitpick on transliterated words). At any rate, would have been easy for Tim to put into google if he had really wanted an answer / couldn't figure out from context.

I think I've realized that one of the biggest difficulties as the Zoroastrians (pre-Seljuks) is surviving states with adventurer armies. I would have already crushed Saffarids (Kings of Baluchistan) and united most of Persia except that an independent Persian Saffarid realm and the Shahi Afghanistan were reborn when adventurers attacked Saffarids. Those new states were much more likely to attack me as they had 20,000 troops in adventurer armies that don't melt away. <_<

Good news as while Shia, I've been able to use the Shia Caliphate to fight my battles for me. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

My late norse game is largely heading in a direction of same old same old for me. A reformed norse faith doesn't add much fun. The lack of norse holy orders (I'm sure they exist in earlier periods...) is sad.
But the rest of the world is looking interesting.
The Byzantines are seriously expanding westwards. They're like the 16th century Ottomans.
And weirder yet the Shiites have pretty much vanished. There's a sunni Egypt and the rest of the Islamic world is either a messy patch work or, the majority situation, dominated by something called zikiri.

What is the reasoning behind the norse holy provinces by the way?
Uppsala is obvious and I guess the one in Germany is where the great oak tree used to be, but the others? Zealand in particular confuses me.
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tyr on April 03, 2014, 09:31:17 AM
My late norse game is largely heading in a direction of same old same old for me. A reformed norse faith doesn't add much fun. The lack of norse holy orders (I'm sure they exist in earlier periods...) is sad.
But the rest of the world is looking interesting.
The Byzantines are seriously expanding westwards. They're like the 16th century Ottomans.
And weirder yet the Shiites have pretty much vanished. There's a sunni Egypt and the rest of the Islamic world is either a messy patch work or, the majority situation, dominated by something called zikiri.

What is the reasoning behind the norse holy provinces by the way?
Uppsala is obvious and I guess the one in Germany is where the great oak tree used to be, but the others? Zealand in particular confuses me.

Zeeland is the Nehalennia site iirc. Big and important for the coastal regions but not really norse. Celto-Germanic but no one is really certain. Not sure if worship continues there after the 3rd/4th century given that the coastal regions were fucked up badly as the 4th century rolls on.

garbon

They'e already stated they took wide liberties with the various sites in order to make sure it wasn't too easy to reform the pagan religions (well apart from Tengri where the sites are either in or within near reach of the Tengri states in 867).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: Valmy on April 02, 2014, 10:41:47 PM
You can conquer Ireland in a few years hardly breaking a sweat with Ivar.  One of the more enjoyable starts if you just love breaking shit.

I like the count of Nantes in 867.  Starts with boats and event troops, but he's a one province count, so you don't feel overpowered as you go and completely wreck Ireland.

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on April 03, 2014, 09:46:38 AM
They'e already stated they took wide liberties with the various sites in order to make sure it wasn't too easy to reform the pagan religions (well apart from Tengri where the sites are either in or within near reach of the Tengri states in 867).
Yeah.  I wish they'd make a Tengrii site in modern Turkmenistan or something, having that reform in 900 really fucks up the whole game. 

Razgovory

I had a weird bug.  I was having an affair with my own wife, which caused me to gain the stressed trait.  When I found out my wife was cheating on me, I executed the guy she was with, execept it was me.  For some reason she was flagged as married to someone else.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Oh. And another amusing thing. I had one king who kept having affairs with his sons wives. Lol
██████
██████
██████

Grinning_Colossus

The lustful trait seems to make you much randier post-RoI. My Welsh kings have been carrying on with almost every woman they add to the court. Though for some reason there's no box for your current lover anymore.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

garbon

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on April 03, 2014, 07:37:07 PM
The lustful trait seems to make you much randier post-RoI. My Welsh kings have been carrying on with almost every woman they add to the court. Though for some reason there's no box for your current lover anymore.

? On the relations tab it lists all of your lovers.

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

garbon

Steam beta patch is out.

Quote2014-04-03: v2.1.2
--------------------

MAJOR
- Memory optimizations (graphics DLCs)

MINOR
- Hunts and Fairs should now be more interesting.
- Hunts and Fairs should no longer give you bundles of events on the same day.
- Hunts and Fairs should now almost always fire at least one event.
- Tournaments will now end properly after all winners are chosen.
- Fixed a bug where an adventure would declare war ahead of time.
- Asking to join a crusade is no longer limited by the distance to the religious head.
- Arrange Marriage no longer shows people with a different caste if you're Hindu.
- Now possible to search for trait names and last names in character finder.
- Spouse no longer likes you less if you have a different caste.
- Fixed a bug where decadence would be incorrectly reset when resigning.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't grant county titles to Hindus even if they would have their barony become the primary holding in that province.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't grant lower titles of the incorrect type.
- Fixed a bug where you could designate dead heirs.
- Ruler designer costs improved for balance.
- Fixed a bug where commanders could be offered marriages which they would accept.
- Fixed a bug where the pope would be listed as your best candidate.
- Fixed a bug where the guardian would its wards far away with them.
- Fixed a bug where characters of special interest would be cleared upon inheritance.
- The Robin Hood event series should no longer fire more than once per campaign.
- Fixed some issues with the Aztec invasion.
- Made Buddhist ambitions easier to fulfill.
- Added religion triggers for certain nicknames.
- Fixed a number of minor text bugs.
- Celibate characters should no longer be worried about their conjugal lovelife.
- Added/changed some trait-based opinion modifiers.
- Made Mount Athos an Orthodox holy site instead of Piraeus.
- Bogomilist women can now be appointed as court chaplains.
- Homosexual characters can now have the "get married" ambition again.
- Tweaked various factors affecting whether AI chooses the "get married" ambition.
- Fixed a bug with the decadence "straighten up" action.
- Fixed a bug where characters sacrificed to Kali would mysteriously survive.
- Blocked some ambitions for court gurus.
- Fixed a bug that gave Indian provinces way too much revolt risk from certain events.
- Fixed an issue with the timing of events at Indian feasts.
- Fixed an error with flag clearing at Furusiyya and Epic Tournaments.
- Fixed several event triggers that failed to correctly check a character's location.
- Applying history backwards was working incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug where you wasn't able to reform pagan.
- Fixed a bug with the allow_laws console command
- Now allowed to arrange marriages regardless of diplomatic range if you have a courtier who is betrothed to someone in the target's court
- The Messalian heresy now has access to Absolute Cognatic Succession
- Now allowed to assign a leader to a flank without one regardless of crown authority
- Fixed a bug with lover event 64065
- Fixed a bug with the vassal king opinion penalty being applied multiple times
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't arrange marriages as a child.
- No longer costs any piety to banish if one has a valid reason.
- Banishment description shows the cost to banish.
- Games already in progress no longer show up on the server list.
- Ransom interaction no longer distance limited.
- Fixed some issues with the Samrat Chakravartin decision. It should now be much more attractive for the player.
- Removed an exploit with muslim schools and tech points.
- Fixed a bug with temporary revolt titles and certain achievements.

AI
- Will only ask vassals or below to "Straighten up"

INTERFACE
- Holy Warrior has a better effect description.
- Fixed a case where righteous imprisonment alert was shown even though imprisonment wasn't available.
- Piety name fixed in ledger.
- Piety name fixed in religion view.
- Piety name fixed in law view for Muslims.
- Piety name in casus belli selection for declare war diplomacy.
- Piety name in score description fixed
- Piety name in end of combat/battle dialog fixed.
- Cursor offsets for character finder.
- Autosave to cloud no longer open main menu upon completion.
- Find province window updated.
- Character selection could show a wrong CoA for lowborn.
- Piety name fixed in execute interaction.
- Clients no longer show "waiting for server id"
- Ransom button in intrigue view disabled when the employer can't/won't ransom the person.

MODDING
- Renamed cost to ruler_designer_cost for trait age costs.
- ruler_designer_cost now forces the cost instead of applying an offset.
- Added a check for characters holding titles before they were born.

DATABASE
- Made a number of changes to starting characters and dynasties, above all in Northern India.
- Ruler of Agen in 987 is now shows as the bishop he is.