Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on March 25, 2014, 11:22:04 PM
WHERE ARE THE TURKIC PORTRAITS!

:huh:

They are a separate dlc available at the bottom of the list on steam. Everyone is slagging them though so...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Beenherebefore on March 25, 2014, 11:22:57 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2014, 10:03:22 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 25, 2014, 09:54:00 AM
Quote from: Beenherebefore on March 25, 2014, 09:28:18 AM
Are those Norwegians in the Aquitaine?  :lol:
I don't see any Norse. :unsure:

I think he was remarking on the similarity of the Aquitaine CoA and the Norwegian one...and making a negative assumption about p'dox's programming of AI behavior in CK2. :angry:

Basically, yes. I think I have seen it all in Paradox' games. It makes even the most outrageous alt-hist seem almost plausible.

That said, I still love their games.
I don't think I've seen the Norse get really out of control since the early days of the Old Gods expansion.

Tengri on the other hand seems to reform a lot. Hell, I see the AI reform Slavic more often than the Norse reform.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I played as a Hindu count (whatever they're called in India - the names; good Lord, the NAMES :bleeding: ). I was mostly faffing about to get a feel for the game. Playing a Hindu count does feel similar to a pagan or Christian, obviously, what with the underlying system; but they throw in a caste system and different flavors of the religious beliefs. As Hindu you also get to choose from your preferred deity which moves your stats about a bit, and determines what feasts you hold (Kali seems to like human sacrifice, I picked something more benign). Also: tiger hunts.

Peasant revolts kept happening, as has been mentioned. Not much for me to do in that game, though. What amused me was my Maharaja, though. At age 63 he murdered his wife and he got the nickname "the Cruel" shortly thereafter. His next wife died of pneumonia three months after the first one. His next wife didn't last a year before she was murdered by the Maharaja's son. His forth and final wife survived him - no big feat, because he died a few months after after the marriage in "a suspicious accident".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Males becoming pregnant after homosexual tumbles.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

I wonder how that check works.  Does the wife decide if she believes she is the one who got him pregnant?   :hmm:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Queequeg

BTW making them Croat is probably unrealistic. They might have shared an ancestry in the 7th century but by the 9th the proto-Croats were substantially different from other Slavic populations in part due to very substantial Balkan Roman influence.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Quote from: Syt on March 26, 2014, 04:04:44 AM
(Kali seems to like human sacrifice, I picked something more benign).

You can pick something more benign like sacrificing a serpent or elephant if you pick the option to do something extra special.

Though when I sacrificed this random female prisoner, it gave me an even about his screams and then I just realized she is still living. Looks like as with the male pregnancy, some gender stuff is mixed up.

Quote from: Syt on March 26, 2014, 04:04:44 AM
Also: tiger hunts.

These are also borked. I've had the follow up success event happen twice or one each (failure and success) fire at the same time.

They also need to re-check the events that they allow fire. Pretty sure that my Upadhyaya (yay for learning new terms) shouldn't be able to increase the Church's opinion of me. :D

garbon

Oops that servant not serpent. :D

garbon

And I just died having sex with my young wife. 30% chance. :o

Razgovory

So what do you guys think of the new Turkish faces and the new Indian faces?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

I avoided the Turkish ones as the screenies I saw were not promising.

Mixed feelings on Indian ones as some of them look cartoony.

jimmy olsen

What is the marriage objection "political concerns" about?

I'm Emperor of Hispania, my cousin is King of Lothringia and Burgundy. He has one son, my heir is my genius half sister. Why wouldn't he want his son to marry her?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 27, 2014, 06:09:08 AM
What is the marriage objection "political concerns" about?

I'm Emperor of Hispania, my cousin is King of Lothringia and Burgundy. He has one son, my heir is my genius half sister. Why wouldn't he want his son to marry her?

Matrilineary?

Tamas

I think the new decadence mechanic makes sense. At least more than the previous one.

Based on a brief experience with it, if you have a healthy realm it should be a non-issue (need 100 piety per decadent relative, basically), but when you don't have a health realm, like when are a minor ruler under regency with a lot of uncles it can get out of control. Especially as you need to land the guys pre-emptively. Once they have decadence it will not go away just by landing them.

I read complaints about the AI not having big decadence. I wonder if that is in part because of the decadence revolts not being that strong. When my kid got de-throned by his uncle, uncle faced a decadence revolt but it was like half the size of his army, so was almost a non-issue, but it reduced decadence level to like 35%.