Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beenherebefore

Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2014, 10:03:22 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 25, 2014, 09:54:00 AM
Quote from: Beenherebefore on March 25, 2014, 09:28:18 AM
Are those Norwegians in the Aquitaine?  :lol:
I don't see any Norse. :unsure:

I think he was remarking on the similarity of the Aquitaine CoA and the Norwegian one...and making a negative assumption about p'dox's programming of AI behavior in CK2. :angry:

Basically, yes. I think I have seen it all in Paradox' games. It makes even the most outrageous alt-hist seem almost plausible.

That said, I still love their games.
The artist formerly known as Norgy

Zanza

OttoVonBismarck

I tend to always buy CK2 DLC about 1-2 cycles late (I did buy the Norse DLC on launch day), especially since they usually are buggy at first. Incidentally a lot of older DLC is on sale 75% off on Steam right now.

Maximus

I think Jainists may be over-powered.

Valmy

Quote from: Maximus on March 25, 2014, 03:14:39 PM

They wouldn't hurt a fly...but they will conquer the world.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

:lol:
If it was realistic, wouldn't they all kind of automatically surrender and build libraries? 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Drakken

Finally, faction revolts have become dangerous as members become member of a single revolting entity. No more defeating individual armies in detail now.

Seems Wiz has officially implemented one his best CK2 features in the official game.

Maximus

Quote from: Queequeg on March 25, 2014, 03:58:47 PM
:lol:
If it was realistic, wouldn't they all kind of automatically surrender and build libraries?
Well they have a purity cost for declaring war and a purity penalty anytime they are at war and your vassals really don't like having their levies raised, but these seem pretty light compared to the advantages:

You start with gavelkind but you can get to ultimogeniture pretty quickly(~10 years). From that point on you can pick your heir at will from among your male progeny, and you can have a lot of progeny since you can take concubines. Picking your heir apparently has no penalty and can be done repeatedly, so you pretty much always have exactly the heir you want.

Add to that the demesne size bonus (+3) and the vassal relations bonus(+30?) and you have a pretty strong contender.

Also you have no relation penalty with Hindus and Buddhists, unless they are zealous. You can intermarry with them pretty easily which makes it pretty easy to get claims on their titles. And if you need to you get a free, once-in-a-lifetime switch to one of the other Indian religions.

Oh yea and you get kingdom-level conquest CBs on all Indian religion rulers of provinces in your culture group.

Maximus

Oh yea, also the caste system doesn't apply to you.

Caliga

I bought The Old Gods today cause it's on sale for like $3.  What's up with the pocket of Croatians living in like southern Poland in 867? :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2014, 09:15:19 PM
White Croatia?

I believe that's so.

I also bought the Irish faces and the the Turkish faces.  Irish ones look good.  The Turkish ones all have grey skin.  They remind of Lo Pan from "Big Trouble, Little China.".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

I've heard that peasant revolts are out of control beacuse the religious unrest moddifier doesn't have an end date.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 25, 2014, 09:33:10 PM
I've heard that peasant revolts are out of control beacuse the religious unrest moddifier doesn't have an end date.
Apparently there is a reason, so those wishing to play as a Jain or Buddhist beware.

QuoteI've figured out the Religious Unrest and revolt weirdness. It's probably working as intended, just rather harsh penalties and opaque mechanics.

If you're an Indian religion with a Moral Authority less than 40, your provinces will randomly get the Religious Unrest modifier with no expiration. At a Moral Authority of 75 or above, the Religious Unrest penalty is removed.

Since both Buddhist and Jain religions start at 35 Authority, as either of those you need to rush to conquer a Holy Site from Pratihara or you'll start accumulating Unrest in provinces.

It's a ticking time bomb for Buddhists and Jains, if you don't rush to beat up Pratihara to get your Authority up, your lifetime is measured in decades until you implode from Religious Unrest.

Edit: for example, starting as the most powerful Jain, the King of Rashtrakutra, you probably want to culture swap to Marathi ASAP so you can Subjugate either Gujarat or Bihar for their holy sites.

Similarly as the King of Pala (strongest Buddhist) you want to Subjugate Bihar from Pratihara as soon as you can.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

WHERE ARE THE TURKIC PORTRAITS!
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."