News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: sbr on March 16, 2014, 12:18:51 PM
Just shortly after that the Countess died and left the County to a 10 year old, Moric.   Duke Mislav tried to revoke the title of Morict, and the Count rebelled.  A bit later I got a message about the war and realized Moric was my direct vassal. 

This happens a lot.  You get tossed in as like fake direct vassal during the rebellions, which is annoying as it gives you the "desires control of XYZ" relationship penalties with no way to fix the problem.

garbon

Quote from: ulmont on March 20, 2014, 09:52:22 AM
Quote from: sbr on March 16, 2014, 12:18:51 PM
Just shortly after that the Countess died and left the County to a 10 year old, Moric.   Duke Mislav tried to revoke the title of Morict, and the Count rebelled.  A bit later I got a message about the war and realized Moric was my direct vassal. 

This happens a lot.  You get tossed in as like fake direct vassal during the rebellions, which is annoying as it gives you the "desires control of XYZ" relationship penalties with no way to fix the problem.

I also like when they join factions against you. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: Queequeg on March 19, 2014, 09:51:50 PM
I guess I'm a bit of a powergamer because you don't get to survive an Invasion CB from the Abbasids as Old Gods Armenia by sticking to Gavelkind.

Elective is where it's at for powergamer, so you can hop around your family tree to cherrypick the geniuses, or at least the guys with 15+ diplomacy.

Razgovory

Transfered everything over to Steam.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

OttoVonBismarck

I did the same the other day, wasn't too painful but was definitely annoying to have to copy/paste like 11 different DLC keys.

Josquius

What's the name of this 10,000 province map? It sounds interesting. Making a big empire is too easy but...its tough to impose artificial limits on myself.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Played The Alexiad scenario as the Alexios. He died after just a few years and his daughter took over. She ruled the Empire for 71 years and had about 32k prestige and 12k piety. Mended the schism, but was one province owned by the 400-holding Persian blob away from reforming the Roman Empire. I think that's the single most successful character I have ever played in CK2, mainly due to her longevity. At the end, she had about +50 from long rule with all vassals. With her other traits etc., all vassals were at +100.

Zanza

Quote from: Zanza on January 24, 2014, 11:03:59 AM
Expansion to India does nothing for me. I have never played in Persia or Africa (other than Egypt) either.

I'll probably buy Rajas of India anyway, just for the novelty of playing in India with the new religions and events.

OttoVonBismarck

I would have found feudal era Japan/coastal China/Korea map more interesting than India to be honest. I've remained deliberately fairly ignorant of Far East and Indian history but I thought there was a lot more internal strife/politics and such more akin to Crusader Kings gameplay in that area of the world. I thought India was more typified by lots of princedoms but where the rulers were mostly pretty powerful within their own realm (so less of the feudal model.)

Queequeg

Yeah but you get to be a bloodthirsty Jaina warlord.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

I know nothing of Indian history (or Chinese and Japanese), still I would like to see it in the game.  India does function as a the Eastern border of Islam, so it might be fun to go conquering out in that direction.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on March 24, 2014, 07:12:01 PM
I know nothing of Indian history (or Chinese and Japanese), still I would like to see it in the game.  India does function as a the Eastern border of Islam, so it might be fun to go conquering out in that direction.

Indian and Chinese history are awesome.  I am a particular fan of India so I am looking forward to this.  Japanese history is surprisingly short, they stayed hunter-gatherers until like 200 BC or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

:huh:
The Jomon (Ainu-ish native inhabitants of Japan) were agricultural by the end of the period. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Valmy

Quote from: Queequeg on March 24, 2014, 08:38:47 PM
:huh:
The Jomon (Ainu-ish native inhabitants of Japan) were agricultural by the end of the period. 

The end of what period? 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

Jomon-Ainu
Yayoi-Proto-Japanese

You got the date right; around 200 B.C. a culture from mainland Asia, either southern Korea or Jiangsu, moves in to Japan and integrates with the native Proto-Ainu, who were not agricultural in a modern sense as I had remembered but had a mixed system that Wiki compares to the Native Americans of the Pacific Northwest. 

There's actually some pretty neat Jomon art.