And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

"Employer" seems a weird term in CK2.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Grinning_Colossus

That will make it much harder to turn the Byzantine Empire Jewish.  :mad:

Also: This

is what a malus is, you Swedish bastards.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Zanza

Quote from: garbon on March 18, 2014, 12:48:54 PM
Quote- You can no longer usurp the sole primary title off of someone with a different religion if he has any holdings within it
- You no longer get an opinion bonus from your vassals for defending against rebels, adventurers and the like
- You can no longer call allies to help you defend against peasant, heretic and religious rebels

Not sure how I feel about these. I wonder how that first one works as it seems suspiciously like you are being required to recognize a heathen's title / must destroy him first.

2nd, I guess is kinda of good only in that it was an exploit that it made sense at the start of new reigns to keep one of those rebels around till your vassals would be pleased with you on their own.

Last one, I don't understand why. Those can form pretty big stacks and I don't see why an ally couldn't be called.
I don't mind the second point, but the first and last make little sense to me. Hardly game-breaking, but especially the first could be quite irritating.

Zanza

Release date is 25th according to some Polish website that posted the screenshots yesterday as well.

Razgovory

Has Pdox come posted how to shift Gamersgate version over to Steam yet?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on March 18, 2014, 05:44:21 PM
Has Pdox come posted how to shift Gamersgate version over to Steam yet?

I believe in gamersgate it should have a key for you for use with steam.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Yep, they had it worked out a while ago.  The crappy part is you have to enter each individual DLC with a separate key.

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on March 18, 2014, 08:21:28 PM
Yep, they had it worked out a while ago.  The crappy part is you have to enter each individual DLC with a separate key.

I was afraid of that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

sbr

What are the rules for what landed titles can be given to whom?

I am Petty King of Ulser, Count of Tyrone, Tyrconnell, and Oriel.  I took the Duchy of Connacht, Connacht and Briefne in a war.  My son and heir turned 16 so I found him a bride and tried to give him some land.  I could only offer him the Counties of Tyrone, Tyrconnell or Oriel.

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on March 18, 2014, 11:09:54 PM
What are the rules for what landed titles can be given to whom?

I am Petty King of Ulser, Count of Tyrone, Tyrconnell, and Oriel.  I took the Duchy of Connacht, Connacht and Briefne in a war.  My son and heir turned 16 so I found him a bride and tried to give him some land.  I could only offer him the Counties of Tyrone, Tyrconnell or Oriel.

I'm not sure if you can give away titles at the same level as yourself.  A petty King is a Duke level title.  Also if you have gavalkind you can't give your primary heir more then a county.

Barrister

Quote from: sbr on March 18, 2014, 08:21:28 PM

Since I'm behind a couple of DLCs anyways, I'm hoping for a massive CK2 "complete" Steam sale one of these days.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

sbr

Thanks for the answers so far

As a count with my previous character I was able to give my heir a county (which wasn't the best idea at the time).  My current duke has 5 counties, only 3 are eligible to be given to my son.

garbon

:rolleyes:

Do you have gavelkind? If so that severely restricts what you can give your heir as it plots out others for your other sons.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Gavelkind is probably the answer then.

Why the :rolleyes:

garbon

Oh I didn't see that Raz had responded. I thought you were being passive aggressive. :blush: