Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on March 06, 2014, 02:35:11 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2014, 02:12:22 PM
70 years on the throne.

:o Which type was this??

Sorry, I don't play those games. I find that vulgar.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Garbo, you still using HIP?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

I actually haven't started. :blush:

I changed it to get rid of that very detailed map but haven't gone back as I still have my vanilla Jorvik=>Wales game that I want to finish out.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: garbon on February 13, 2014, 10:23:49 PM
In an odd twist, I saw the Tulunids become miaphysite allowing the Order of St. Anthony to spring back into existence. Bit of a strange* result as it means that Egypt through Somalia is safely Christian.

*well not so much strange as just unusual for CK2. :D

Finally nearing the end of this game. Well in the early part of 14th century (1320s or some like). Never had to put up with holy orders taking crusade targets as crusades never happened. Miaphysites stayed in control until I helped a catholic Tulunid prince (married matrilineally to my daughter) take the Byzantine Empire. Apparently crusades will only happen if Jerusalem is not held by Christians, Byzantine Empire is failing, Rome has been taken by other religion/heretics or other religions have key provinces in France/Germany. I'm not sure how I feel about that given the vast areas of paganism in 867 start.

Map now divided mainly between catholicism, reformed tengri and that finnish religion. Sunnis only exist in West Africa and Orthodoxy has virtually been wiped out via the Il-Khanate eating its last proponent (Hungary). Golden Horde fizzled out as by the time their event fired, Il-Khanate already had most of the steppes. They probably should have both hordes appear at the same time if they are going to keep mongol invasion to two separate nations (though I believe in that live stream, Hendrik noted that they really have the mechanics in place now to have it be mongol empire turning into those divisions - but not a priority).

Queequeg

"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

I played about 30 years without that map mod yesterday. I couldn't shake the feeling that there was too many mechanics that I didn't understand (like the autonomy faction where we were voting on various policies? the new crown law system, etc.). I'm not really try to re-learn CK2 as I think it works mostly okay as is.

Also, in that brief period, I saw Aquitaine had already started gobbling up Iberia. <_<

Queequeg

Occitain culture is grouped with Iberian, which is bullshit. 

Queequeg

To be honest I don't think having Acquitaine as anything other than a titular title fucks up France.  It should be a pretty strong title. 

jimmy olsen

So, with the addition of India and the new rebellion system, won't this lead to a stronger Byzantine Empire? The Muslims will have their attention split in a way they never had before and it will be more difficult to pick off rebellious Byzantine vassals.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on March 10, 2014, 11:58:24 PM
To be honest I don't think having Acquitaine as anything other than a titular title fucks up France.  It should be a pretty strong title. 

France that is?

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2014, 07:05:58 AM
So, with the addition of India and the new rebellion system, won't this lead to a stronger Byzantine Empire? The Muslims will have their attention split in a way they never had before and it will be more difficult to pick off rebellious Byzantine vassals.

Why wouldn't the Byzantines have their own rebellions?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on March 11, 2014, 08:25:09 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2014, 07:05:58 AM

Why wouldn't the Byzantines have their own rebellions?
It will be more difficult to pick them off because they will be united under the head of the rebellion rather than all independent.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2014, 09:42:33 AMIt will be more difficult to pick them off because they will be united under the head of the rebellion rather than all independent.

Ah I see where you were going with that.  Well that is true in theory.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Quote from: Queequeg on March 10, 2014, 07:38:31 PM
Occitain culture is grouped with Iberian, which is bullshit.

Well, if you are comparing Galician culture with Occitain, yes, however if you're comparing Catalan...

Gameplay-wise, the HIP guys made the change to foment Catalonia and Navarre meddling in French politics, as it historically happened.