News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Nah initially started as Jorvik. Main kingdom is Wales as that was the easiest one to grab and form to prevent duchy division. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

If you get HIP you can eventually form the "Gal Goidel" culture, mixed Norse-Gaels.  I did that as King of Irland and Skotland. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

I just installed the version with the SMWH map. I think I will try again without that. I think there is something to be said for making a map too detailed. :wacko:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

I love the map.  It's gorgeous.  Only real problem with it is that the Steppes haven't been redone so they tend to get eaten by other powers. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

I don't know that I need a map with that many little islands for Scotland. I guess probably better though on preventing major bizarre changes as there are so many provinces that one has to capture.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 21, 2014, 04:42:46 PM
I don't know that I need a map with that many little islands for Scotland. I guess probably better though on preventing major bizarre changes as there are so many provinces that one has to capture.

Man somebody really wanted to be Clan Donald.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: garbon on February 21, 2014, 12:19:20 PM
Ack. In my current game, my newest ruler is a 4 year old girl presiding over Wales, Scotland and Denmark (England and Ireland have mostly been absorbed into Wales at this point in time). She also stands to inherit France (though just the northern half because as with all my 867 starts, Aquitaine is still around).

Doubly negative is that her regent is an older male cousin with claims on Wales/Scotland...and her heir. I wonder how long till she has an unfortunate accident. :(

Huzzah. Queen Ysra survived to her majority and not only that but outlived both her regent and his son. 

Retinue was about 6000 strong which actually left it manageable to survive when the regent and then also his son started wars of succession. I literally had every vassal (apart from those in Scotland for some unknown reason) up in arms.

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on February 21, 2014, 04:15:20 PM
I love the map.  It's gorgeous.  Only real problem with it is that the Steppes haven't been redone so they tend to get eaten by other powers.

You think you could post some pics of the map?  I'd like to see it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

Quote from: Razgovory on February 21, 2014, 07:16:25 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on February 21, 2014, 04:15:20 PM

You think you could post some pics of the map?  I'd like to see it.

Queequeg

Here's a map of De Jure Kingdoms. 

garbon

Here's a more useful image, Raz.

http://fireden.net/4chan/images.4chan.org//vg/src/1368277370821.jpg

garbon

Oh and this a whole but doesn't let you see how granular provinces are.

http://fireden.net/4chan/images.4chan.org//vg/src/1368279435713.jpg

garbon

Queequeg

I think it's gorgeous, and I love the new cultures and borders.  Though TBH I think making Occitan an Ibero-Romance culture was kind of weird.   

jimmy olsen

:mmm:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Exclusive-Crusader-Kings-II-Rajas-of-India-Interview-with-Project-Lead-Henrik-Fahraeus-429067.shtml
QuoteWe have also added a "diplomatic range" to stop most interactions between extremely distant realms.

QuoteSo now we are adding a lot of stuff in the patch (v2.1) and some of the highlights include a more severe system of attrition when your troops have been away from a friendly county for too long, a system of "unified revolts" where the faction leader has all members of the uprising as vassals rather than fighting their old liege on their own. Oh, and when close relatives ask for a title, they might now actually start a war for it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point