And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 16, 2014, 12:02:47 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 15, 2014, 05:10:50 PM
Hmmmm...I wonder if I can start in 1336 and be Vijayanagar, my favorite EU2 country.
You can start at any time between 1066 and 1337, so yes.

Why are they your favorite? That seems so random.

Because they are the freaking City of Victory.  That is awesome.  Plus they are in great position to unite India under militant Hindu rule (though archaeological evidence indicates they were not quite as militantly anti-Muslim as Hindu nationalists like to think they were).  Also they are Canadian...er...Kannadian.  No doubt about conquering India eh?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

Did this on Ironman with the fantastic HIP project.  Especially proud of it because the Abbasids (banu al-Abbas) not only stayed together but got stronger from initial start.  They're at like 99 Dec right now, so hopefully the Caliphs' heir-a genius-won't have time to take the reigns. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Those Med portraits really are the worst of the lot.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

They really are.  Wish they'd get rehauled. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2014, 10:21:57 PM
Those Med portraits really are the worst of the lot.

It always makes me think of this
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

I always think I'm over the Jesus fresco. Then I see it again. Never over the Jesus fresco :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 18, 2014, 06:25:30 AM
I always think I'm over the Jesus fresco. Then I see it again. Never over the Jesus fresco :lol:

there're no words for that abominiation

Zanza

I started a new game with the Abbasid Sunni Caliphate in the 1066 scenario. My goal is to reestablish the Caliphate as an empire. I started conquering the Arabian peninsula, then conquered bits of the Fatimids and those Seljuk vassals that rebelled. When I had about 100 realm holdings I joined the independence faction against my liege, the Seljuk sultan. He immediately granted independence. As I had saved lots of money and the Fatimid Shia caliph was busy fighting a Jihad for Anatolia, I invaded Egypt and after a spending a fortune on mercenaries I finally destroy all Fatimids and got Egypt. The Fatimids are now the Sultanate of Anatolia with some holdings in Jerusalem, the Seljuks still hold Persia and quite a bit of Syria, Armenia and Mesopotamia, while I hold Egypt and most of Arabia. Interesting game so far.

I can't remember if I had played a Caliph before. The Muslim invasion casus belli is extremely powerful as you can get a whole kingdom with one war. The Caliph subjugation casus belli is probably even worse as you can use it against your own religion. On top of that I could just call a Jihad against the Byzantines. I am sure I would win that too. So the Caliph has three extremely powerful casus bellis, which makes him overpowered in my opinion.

The Brain

The Macho Grande of your generation.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on February 20, 2014, 04:38:33 PM

The Macho Grande of your generation.

I'll never get over Macho Grande
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zanza on February 20, 2014, 03:53:13 PM
I can't remember if I had played a Caliph before. The Muslim invasion casus belli is extremely powerful as you can get a whole kingdom with one war. The Caliph subjugation casus belli is probably even worse as you can use it against your own religion. On top of that I could just call a Jihad against the Byzantines. I am sure I would win that too. So the Caliph has three extremely powerful casus bellis, which makes him overpowered in my opinion.
How are you handling decadence?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

Conquest, events, decisions, only letting some sons marry at all, having fewer wives than required...

garbon

Ack. In my current game, my newest ruler is a 4 year old girl presiding over Wales, Scotland and Denmark (England and Ireland have mostly been absorbed into Wales at this point in time). She also stands to inherit France (though just the northern half because as with all my 867 starts, Aquitaine is still around).

Doubly negative is that her regent is an older male cousin with claims on Wales/Scotland...and her heir. I wonder how long till she has an unfortunate accident. :(

Queequeg

Did you start of as the Danes Garbon?