And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on February 14, 2014, 10:58:49 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 13, 2014, 11:30:55 PM
Needs to be some sort of mechanism to deal with kidnapped, concubined wives. My wife was Queen of Norway and while I was not looking, she got dethroned and made into a concubine. To my dismay, I had no way to recover her via diplomacy or war. :(

Yeah, that's annoying.  That's a problem with the whole imprisonment system.

A prison break cb would be great.

Also, I know I've had instances where I couldn't flee family members (wives?) when they were captured by my other vassals or vassals of my vassals. Would be great to have decision to issue an ultimatum and/or plot for their freedom.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Kind of a shame the Finnic pack didn't cover the Balts as well.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on February 14, 2014, 11:07:07 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 14, 2014, 10:58:49 AM
Needs to be some sort of mechanism to deal with kidnapped, concubined wives. My wife was Queen of Norway and while I was not looking, she got dethroned and made into a concubine. To my dismay, I had no way to recover her via diplomacy or war. :(

Yeah, that's annoying.  That's a problem with the whole imprisonment system.

A prison break cb would be great.

Also, I know I've had instances where I couldn't flee family members (wives?) when they were captured by my other vassals or vassals of my vassals. Would be great to have decision to issue an ultimatum and/or plot for their freedom.

A Trojan war type thing would be fun.  I would also like to initiate ransom requests or wage a war to with the goal of killing someone.  Sort of like a punitive expedition.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

It's odd when people come late to the party. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Those maps weren't posted here that I saw! :P
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Shouldn't there be some kind of new Indian Faces?  There's at least as much a gap between people from Mysore and Tangiers as there is between an Irishman and a Dane or Englishman. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Neil

Quote from: Queequeg on February 15, 2014, 02:09:21 PM
Shouldn't there be some kind of new Indian Faces?  There's at least as much a gap between people from Mysore and Tangiers as there is between an Irishman and a Dane or Englishman.
DLC incoming.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Queequeg on February 15, 2014, 02:09:21 PM
I believe that will be included in the expansion.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Hmmmm...I wonder if I can start in 1336 and be Vijayanagar, my favorite EU2 country.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

From the screen shots it appears to start in 867.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on February 15, 2014, 05:10:50 PM
Hmmmm...I wonder if I can start in 1336 and be Vijayanagar, my favorite EU2 country.
You can start at any time between 1066 and 1337, so yes.

Why are they your favorite? That seems so random.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

They're a potentially great trade power and it was historically pretty neat, though IIRC was on a pretty dramatic downward trend during this period. They're probably my favorite non-Rajput Indian power.

jimmy olsen

Anyone played the latest version of the Game of Thrones mod? I see that they've added Essos.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

I noted when I was looking at one of my neighbors that one of the reasons I couldn't go to war was that none of my close relatives were held hostage. It can't be that difficult to add wives to the list of those that qualify.

1 Karma Chameleon point