And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

I thought that maybe once I see it, it's more interesting... :(

Queequeg

Why don't you just try a mod like Historical Plausibility Project?  Trying that, it feels almost like a new game.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Maximus

Quote from: Queequeg on January 27, 2014, 01:29:01 PM
Why don't you just try a mod like Historical Plausibility Project?  Trying that, it feels almost like a new game.
The only hits I'm getting for that are for a HOI mod. Do you have a link?

Queequeg

"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

All of the titles are in their native languages; so King of France is the "Roi".  It gets a bit confusing with obscure languages, like Georgia is Mepet-Mepete Sakartvelos or something bizarre.  As you can imagine that pushes all of my buttons.

Queequeg

Here's duchies in Germany at Old Gods start.

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on January 27, 2014, 01:41:13 PM
All of the titles are in their native languages; so King of France is the "Roi".  It gets a bit confusing with obscure languages, like Georgia is Mepet-Mepete Sakartvelos or something bizarre.

Ugh.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

I think it's neat.  You also get to see just how remarkably similar all the titles are across languages.

Queequeg

Also, title nativization is optional.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Apparently there are also doing something for Africa and Decadence

http://www.pcgamesn.com/crusader-kings-ii-rajas-india-preview-eastward-bound

QuoteOne of the most surprising additions is a free mini-expansion. Paradox Development Studio wanted to work on African DLC, but instead they've integrated it into the Rajas update. Think of it as a mini-expansion. The Nubian culture has been expanded, and that entire region has been given more depth and character. Decadence, the mechanic introduced in Sword of Islam for Muslim rulers, has also been tweaked, making taking a trip to North Africa well worth your time.

PRC

PRC

Some comments on Rajas of India, and a full size shot of the screenshot in the post above, from this strategyinformer article: http://www.strategyinformer.com/editorials/27102/paradox-convention-2014-round-up

Crusader Kings II - Rajas of India

Fresh off of Sons of Abraham, Crusader Kings II is going full-steam ahead with a brand new expansion. True to what Henrik said when we interviewed him a few months back, it's nothing what I was expecting. Rajas of India expands the map by 300 provinces and several hundred miles to the Indian Subcontinent. India during the time-period of Crusader Kings II actually fits in quite well, so I'm told, and the move also allows kingdoms like Cumania and Perm, who are artificially cut-off in the game at the moment, to get more of the land they're owed.

If you're not into buying Rajas of India, the free patch will increase the map size as well, so you'll get the added area for free, you just won't be able to play as any of the sub-continental rulers. If you do pick it up, you'll find India is divided by three religions – Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism. They've been abstracted into three very different ideologies – Hindus are more 'aggressive', meaning they have better casus belli options for expansion. Buddhists are more thoughtful and philosophically focused, and will have access to a lot of tech bonuses, while Jainists are pacifists, who won't have great casus belli's but will be able to rule provinces of a different religion easier.

Other 'flavour' features include the Indian Caste system, flavour events that deal with reincarnation, and Henrik pointed out that Hinduism was more of a collection of different faiths, given that they had a fairly large pantheon of deities – this means your character can also choose which God to follow, which will form part of your ruler's character and make-up.

As far as other 'free' content goes, with the abandonment of the non-steam version of the game, CK2 is being brought up to speed with all the latest gizmos and gadgets – Steam Workshop will be integrated properly, along with the SteamWorks multiplayer backend and other improvements, even a borderless windowed mode, If you cared about that. The icing on the cake though is definitely the addition of a historically accurate Jewish Kingdom in East Africa – you can't really top that. Other minor changes include a re-write of the decadence system.

Rajas of India is due out in March, although that's probably going to be late March and 'at the earliest' was also used, so don't be surprised if it slips to April.

Glad to see decadence will get an overhaul... I thought it was always a little messed up.

Queequeg

Finally finished my goal of remaking the Achaemenid Empire as Old Gods Armenia.  The save started getting wonky, and with the mod's new provinces and graphics updates it's starting to take a big tole on my computer. 

Queequeg

Wessaxe is lulzy. You sit and wait for the Vikings to kill Mercia. Managed to take back East Anglia because Alfred is awesome.