News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Tried CK2+ on Ironman.  Now the game crashes whenever I try to access my saves.  No matter what happens, after a reinstall and deletion of the mod.  Fuck.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Got it working.  Why the fuck does Ivar the Boneless have the strong straight?  The man was a dwarf who couldn't walk.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on January 26, 2014, 07:10:45 PM
Got it working.  Why the fuck does Ivar the Boneless have the strong straight?  The man was a dwarf who couldn't walk.

What are you on about?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on January 26, 2014, 10:06:13 PM

What are you on about?

Boneless chicken.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Queequeg

CK2+ is fucking retarded.  I've been putting the kaibosh on the Muslim Empire as Armenia while the Karen Zoroastrians have been doing likewise.  People are abandoning Islam for their ancestral faiths-which makes sense for ethnic Persians, but the fucking Egyptian Tulinids are fucking Egyptian Pagans.  It's some fucking retarded Neopagan bullshit.  I'd be surprised if there were 500 honest-to-Anubis Egyptian Pagans left in Egypt.  The land was ground-zero for Christianity.  And even then there's no fucking way they'd convert when their entire power basis was on Islam, and they were ethnic Arabs.  It's so, so, so stupid.

Queequeg

What are you on about?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivar_the_Boneless

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on January 26, 2014, 10:22:11 PM

What are you on about?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivar_the_Boneless

Are you citing the same page that has many sources talking about him being strong?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on January 26, 2014, 10:21:41 PM
CK2+ is fucking retarded.  I've been putting the kaibosh on the Muslim Empire as Armenia while the Karen Zoroastrians have been doing likewise.  People are abandoning Islam for their ancestral faiths-which makes sense for ethnic Persians, but the fucking Egyptian Tulinids are fucking Egyptian Pagans.  It's some fucking retarded Neopagan bullshit.  I'd be surprised if there were 500 honest-to-Anubis Egyptian Pagans left in Egypt.  The land was ground-zero for Christianity.  And even then there's no fucking way they'd convert when their entire power basis was on Islam, and they were ethnic Arabs.  It's so, so, so stupid.

Well Wiz did give up development of CK2+ when he got hired by p'dox, so it appears his successors were wanting.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Yeah. Everything they do with the Old God is fucking retarded. The Pagan Tulunids set up  fucking army of charioteers devoted to Anubis.

Fucking Chariots. 1,000 years after the legionaries of Pompey literally laughed at the fucking Ponitian Chariots before slaughtering them. So stupid.

Queequeg

The Historical Plausibility Project is a wonder, though.  The map is a lot better. 

Valmy

Quote from: Queequeg on January 23, 2014, 11:04:18 PM
You have to survive the Mongols.  No cushion. 

True but that would require me to actually play into the 13th century.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

I generally make it that far but almost never to see the Timurids.

PRC

Saw these on reddit.  Map shots of what is probably someone's camera phone. 

Zanza

Can't say I care too much. I would have preferred more game mechanics for a Western Christian feudal ruler as that's what I play most of the time.

garbon