News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Good, having the edge of the Map there was a pretty big advantage when playing the Muslims and Zoroastrians out that way.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

Uh, what are you talking about? There's a ton of land that should be open to conquest. The Islamic conquest of India was one of, maybe the most important economic events of the early Medieval period. The Ghaznavids and Ghorids should be able to make fucking bank, but instead they're basically eunuchs
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

What was the Chinese presence in the Tarim Basin in this period? That'd be pretty neat to play as. Chinese expeditionary force that gets lucky and conquers the Punjab.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Valmy

Quote from: Queequeg on January 23, 2014, 06:39:36 PM
Uh, what are you talking about? There's a ton of land that should be open to conquest. The Islamic conquest of India was one of, maybe the most important economic events of the early Medieval period. The Ghaznavids and Ghorids should be able to make fucking bank, but instead they're basically eunuchs

My experiences of  playing those countries?  It just feels ridiculous to magically have a completely safe backdoor.

Anyway now you can make fucking bank and I get a more realistic playing experience.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Queequeg on January 23, 2014, 06:41:29 PM
What was the Chinese presence in the Tarim Basin in this period? That'd be pretty neat to play as. Chinese expeditionary force that gets lucky and conquers the Punjab.

Oh God no that would be horrible.  YOu would basically have the same problem.

Queequeg

You have to survive the Mongols.  No cushion. 

Razgovory

I wonder what the start date will be.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

Why would it have to be different?

TBH I'd actually like to see it go in to the EUIV timezone at some point.  Expanded Republics and the Ottomans and whatnot.  Playing the Medicis would be cool.

Queequeg

What's the plague like in the game?  I've played CK2 as much as any game ever but don't clearly remember ever playing up to the plague. 

Grinning_Colossus

There is no plague, it's horrible.  :mad:
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Queequeg

What the Christ?  I guess that explains it.  I've gotten to the 1360s at least without getting hit.

I guess that kind of makes sense.  It'd totally fuck up everyone's games if half your house was to die within a few months of 1350.

Zanza

Expansion to India does nothing for me. I have never played in Persia or Africa (other than Egypt) either.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on January 24, 2014, 11:03:59 AM
Expansion to India does nothing for me. I have never played in Persia or Africa (other than Egypt) either.

I'd play in Persia with the map extended. As it is currently, the middle east is cut off rather...unfortunately.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I do wonder though what will happen as far as undiscovered territory or what have you - as it doesn't really make sense that Christian Europe would be undertaken diplomacy with characters in India.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Re-Celticizing Britain as the Dark Age start Welsh (Deheubarth) is kind of disappointing.  I kept expecting the names to change, like with the Norse conquests.  Nothing.  No visual changes, and most of the titles apart from Lancaster don't switch.  It's also a huge hassle, and worked mostly because a unified Mercia-Wessex was totally fucked over in a Cathar rebellion after the north was lost to the Vikings.