News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

TBH the game can find some ways to impress me after all this time.  Played the Lothbrok-son King of Suthrejar (or whatever, the Western Islands), and pushed in to Ireland, conquering all of it in about 5 years.  My younger sons, Jarls of Ulster and Suthrejar with my capital at Dublin, took it upon themselves to conquer Scotland and did so in just a decade.  Did it on their own initiative, with a pretty organic process of consolidation and family inter-polity alliances.  Now I'm the Catholic King of Irland and Skotland, and somehow my hyper-aggressive cousins have pushed in to Jorvik.  They just like conquering things.  It's pretty neat. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Phillip V

Quote from: Queequeg on December 29, 2013, 03:03:17 AM
TBH the game can find some ways to impress me after all this time.  Played the Lothbrok-son King of Suthrejar (or whatever, the Western Islands), and pushed in to Ireland, conquering all of it in about 5 years.  My younger sons, Jarls of Ulster and Suthrejar with my capital at Dublin, took it upon themselves to conquer Scotland and did so in just a decade.  Did it on their own initiative, with a pretty organic process of consolidation and family inter-polity alliances.  Now I'm the Catholic King of Irland and Skotland, and somehow my hyper-aggressive cousins have pushed in to Jorvik.  They just like conquering things.  It's pretty neat. 
Screenshots are neat. Or was it not that impressive as you say!

Sophie Scholl

I really, really want to like this game, but I can never get into it.  I just walked away from a game with some potential for hijinks and amusement.  As Novgorod, I ended up becoming King of Rus with my son converting to Judiasm after falling under the influence of his instructor during his youth.  Maybe I'll go back to it some day.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Razgovory

Wahoo!  Created a Jewish Empire in Central Europe.  Started out as the Beets and conquered Hungary, Czechia, Romania, Slovakia, and Poland.  Then I raided the dying Khazars and managed to kidnap some no name Khazar woman, made her my concubine and got the option to convert to Judiasm.  After I convert my new empire I'll send Rabbis out to convert the peoples of Russia and Scandinavia!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I made a point of taking as much Euro-tard land as possible.  I also have the majority of Serbia.  I can form seven kingdoms if I wanted to.  My current king is just, so I don't know why all his dimwitted kids are arbitrary. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Well, that collapsed quick.  Who knew that Jews were so contentious?  After one of my kings died the titles passed to his three aged sons.  After a lot of backbiting, murder, and war a guy with no title came in with an army of mercenaries and took over.  Fortunately he was of my dynasty.  I set up a faction and he just revoked the county I had which caused me to play as the Emperor.  Unfortunately all the points my dynasty had attained were lost. :(

Razgovory

You know, I'm getting really tired of event troops.  Guy rebels, and "Boom", 30,000 people show up.  I had a hell of time beating 70,000 Shia event troops who invaded Bulgaria using only 15,000  guys.

Tamas

Guy is looking for a name for a Pan-Slavic empire he wants to create:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?745958-Best-name-for-pan-slavic-nation

Makes you realise pan-slavism never had a chance when you see how the different slavs cannot even agree on what said empire should be called.  :lol:

Maximus

Wouldn't that be called... Russia?

Tamas

Quote from: Maximus on January 08, 2014, 11:34:18 AM
Wouldn't that be called... Russia?

That`s one of the 95 sides of the argument in there.

Queequeg

Man, that was a fucking first.  Playing as Dec 1066 Barcelona start, I managed to conquer all of Aragon, Tunisia and Sicily, and was basically planning to expand only in to Italy and Africa, when, almost out of nowhere-maybe through his grandmother or something-Nuno III gets claims on ALL of the King titles of the united Castile-Leon-Galicia-Navarre-Portugal, which had succeeded in taking all of Portugal, Badojaz, and eventually Cordoba.  The current King was terrible and lived a very long time, so all of his vassals kept-one by one-starting civil wars for my claim on their Kingdom.  Within 25 years I was king of a united Spain (and eventually Emperor) with only once throwing a substantial amount of manpower in to the ring. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Also, Catalans have the coolest names; Berant-Amat, Deodat, Nuno, Berengar, Sunyer, Miro. :wub:

Razgovory

Looks like they plan on fixing the Event troops thing.  A rebel leader shouldn't be able to have 390k soldiers rally to his banner.

Josquius

So what's the point of the latest expansion?
There's one minor Jewish nation in the old gods start. Doesn't seem like they'd be too fun to play, no different to a pagan nation.
██████
██████
██████