News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluebook

Isnt the latest patch automatically installed when you buy the game through steam?

Tamas

Quote from: Bluebook on December 05, 2013, 09:35:50 AM
Isnt the latest patch automatically installed when you buy the game through steam?

ah, right, sure.

Queequeg

Holy Christ, the Old Gods Magyars are mega-overpowered.  I could have conquered all of Central Europe with the event troops. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tamas

Quote from: Queequeg on December 05, 2013, 08:13:07 PM
Holy Christ, the Old Gods Magyars are mega-overpowered.  I could have conquered all of Central Europe with the event troops.

historically accurate :contract:

Queequeg

40,00 troops, mostly heavy infantry?
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

The game just still isn't that great at modeling nomadic peoples. The arbitrary rule on having to have a navy to pillage a province not decently on the border is rediculous for the Magyars and Turks.

Queequeg

Also, Tamas, how do you Magyarize the country? You can't replace native rulers. It's weird.

Tamas

Quote from: Queequeg on December 06, 2013, 01:13:01 PM
Also, Tamas, how do you Magyarize the country? You can't replace native rulers. It's weird.

you need to capture EVERYTHING. Then make peace. And I do mean everything.

Queequeg

Wait, so if you capture something with an invasion cb you get it dead to rights when you win the war, but of you capture most other provinces or win a big battle and don't capture most of it the native aristocracy remains? That sucks.

Winkelried

Quote from: Queequeg on December 06, 2013, 01:21:34 PM
Wait, so if you capture something with an invasion cb you get it dead to rights when you win the war, but of you capture most other provinces or win a big battle and don't capture most of it the native aristocracy remains? That sucks.

I guess that explains why I didn't get Scotland as Ivar the Boneless (or whatever his name was).

Tamas

Quote from: Queequeg on December 06, 2013, 01:21:34 PM

yes. with invasion CB, you get what you capture, and vassalize what you did not.

Queequeg

Good to know.  Dicsőség a legszentebb és az ortodox magyar egyház!

Queequeg

The Vikings conquered Jerusalem. :lmfao:

Maximus

garbon

I think they might need to tweak holy orders contributing to crusades. In my current game. Byzantines lost Greece to Abbasids who turned around and lost it to a crusade. Now the Knights Templar have a Latin Empire of sorts.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.