News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Fireblade

Playing as the Capets in 1066 is fucking infuriating. It's like:

"Happy 16th birthday! Give me Flanders or I'll wipe you out with 50,000 German soldiers under my command. - The Holy Roman Emperor."

"Happy birthday! By the way, the Duke of Burgundy is the true King of France. Abdicate to him or I'll wipe you out, faggot. LOVE, The Duke of Anjou, the Duke of Toulouse, and the Duke of Champagne"

"Happy 16th bro! By the way, give me independence or I'll totally ignore the storm of Huns crossing my border and skull fuck the few soldiers you have left. - The Duke of Flanders"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Fireblade on November 23, 2013, 01:42:35 PM
Playing as the Capets in 1066 is fucking infuriating. It's like:

"Happy 16th birthday! Give me Flanders or I'll wipe you out with 50,000 German soldiers under my command. - The Holy Roman Emperor."

"Happy birthday! By the way, the Duke of Burgundy is the true King of France. Abdicate to him or I'll wipe you out, faggot. LOVE, The Duke of Anjou, the Duke of Toulouse, and the Duke of Champagne"

"Happy 16th bro! By the way, give me independence or I'll totally ignore the storm of Huns crossing my border and skull fuck the few soldiers you have left. - The Duke of Flanders"
Choose option two and then war on neighboring dukedoms until you're strong enough to take the throne back and keep it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on November 22, 2013, 11:48:02 AM
The QQ-storm for decreased levies is still going strong :bleeding: I sure hope Paradox stays with the current model despite it.
I don`t even get it. In my Hungary game, I can roflstomp everyone just as easily as I used to, including rebels and factions. So not only the complaints are annoying for crying against something that is more historically accurate than what was before, they are also completely blown out of proportions and make the issue look much more severe than it actually is. The issue of course being of them having to actually pay attention to vassal relationships while conquering the map. The horror!

There can be somewhat odd side effects though. As king of Ireland & Jerusalem (and Aragon in all but title after I paid to vassalize Knights), I pushed my son's weak claim on Bavaria. Sadly, my king was seriously maimed in the process but  not before winning his son that kingdom.

As a new leader with 3 far flung kingdoms, there's no way I can hold onto all this as a million factions have started up and my various vassals are all up in arms. Enter Hungary that decides to press a claim it's vassal has on Steiermark. Because you get +50 relations with all vassal when defending against a foreign enemy, nearly all chances of rebellion have vanished. With luck, war might go on long enough that at least my vassals in Ireland grow accustom to my rule. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

They released the patch for the Gamersgate version.  I played a little bit, as Norse ruler of Kiev.  I expanded pretty well, but eventually got wiped out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

College of cardinals mechanism seems largely like something you can ignore. I've now 3 cardinals in it and I didn't do anything at all to help them get elected. :unsure:

Razgovory

I'm having some fun with it.  Started with a count in Germany, his son is about crusading against the Slavs in Bohemia.  I think I'll pick up a kingship in this.  The chance of death in childbirth and children dying young really does change things.  There is a real chance of your line just dying out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on November 25, 2013, 04:10:49 PM
The chance of death in childbirth and children dying young really does change things.  There is a real chance of your line just dying out.

I had one ruler (a Queen) for whom I was hopping her husband would stop knocking her up. Every time she gave birth she came down with an illness. Thankfully was lucky and came bouncing back each time. Unfortunately at 45, she became infirm. :(

Razgovory

I managed to conquer Hungary (though my Duke died early in the war and is underage son got the land.  He waged a war of independence on East Francia and now he's King of Hungary.  I went from count to king in only three generations.

Crusaders and Jihads seem to be able to trigger quicker.  I saw a Jihad against the Cumanan band who ruled the Mesopotamia.

Phillip V

garbon

These things happen. What's the big deal?

Razgovory

Is that how you became gay?  Chicken leg man told you to?

Drakken

Quote from: Razgovory on November 26, 2013, 03:36:57 AM
Is that how you became gay?  Chicken leg man told you to?

Wait until you get the next events in the set, demon-lover.

garbon

One thing that needs to be fixed is how suicidal the AI currently is. I've had more than enough times now where I far outnumbered AI stacks and they rushed headlong to attack me/die.

Also. and I'm not sure how I feel about it, but new levy system seems to make AI more willing to attack as they perceive my state to be weaker. Of course when I throw retinues, mercs and where applicable holy orders in the mix - they don't stand a chance. Not that they did in the old system, but they also wouldn't have been confused into thinking it was good to attack.

Though, I do kind of like the AI keeping me on my toes more - even if the attacks are fruitless.

Razgovory

Holy Orders become active as soon as the first Crusade starts.  When the Pope declared a Crusade on Hungary, the Hospitalars and the Templars became available.  I immediately hired them and was able to to defeat my foes with little expense.