News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I admit, I am displeased that they are discontinuing support over Gamers Gate.  I bought the game over GG so I wouldn't have all my eggs in one basket.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Phillip V

I have CK2 GG. Getting equivalent keys for Steam is okay, but an additional gift/voucher should be provided.

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on November 21, 2013, 12:00:53 AM
I have CK2 GG. Getting equivalent keys for Steam is okay, but an additional gift/voucher should be provided.

:yeahright:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

So I had a bishop who got the trait "wicked priest", anyone know what that is about?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

frunk

Syt

I'll send it over when I'm home tonight. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

One thing I noticed that is kind of cool is that there appear to be events that give Muslim rulers both the traits of Christian and Jewish sympathizer. Not all of them get it, but a fair amount. Nice as a way to get Muslim rulers to not just remove or force convert all of their non-Muslim vassals.

At least I'm guessing that's the case, as I don't think there could be that many Jews who converted to Christianity and then Islam. :D

Syt

Quote from: frunk on November 21, 2013, 07:43:40 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 21, 2013, 12:44:02 AM
Quote from: frunk on November 20, 2013, 01:04:28 PM
I'd take a key.

What's your username on Steam?

frunkee

I can't find frunkee on Steam in the community search thingie. Also, how do I add friends?
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: Syt on November 21, 2013, 12:34:37 PM
I can't find frunkee on Steam in the community search thingie. Also, how do I add friends?

I'll check and see if I have to open up something on my end, and no idea.

Viking

Quote from: frunk on November 21, 2013, 07:43:40 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 21, 2013, 12:44:02 AM
Quote from: frunk on November 20, 2013, 01:04:28 PM
I'd take a key.

What's your username on Steam?

frunkee

I found him but he hasn't set up his profile, so no details or gifts
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Syt

Quote from: frunk on November 21, 2013, 12:43:33 PM

I'll check and see if I have to open up something on my end, and no idea.

No problem, you can PM me your email address, that should work, too. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

OttoVonBismarck

I have the GG just because that was my default place to buy Paradox games. I guess I won't mind the switch as long as I get my keys for the game and all DLC in Steam. I use Steam for most of my gaming anyway and really like it, I have no problem with Steam and think it's weird some people do.

Have they explained what the mechanism will be for getting steam keys?

Agelastus

Quote from: Razgovory on November 20, 2013, 04:36:12 PM
Interesting fact:  Steam is actually just the name for the service, it involves no boiling water.  It can't actually "gum up" the inside of your computer with residue.

So which particular artificial language that lacks flexible and descriptive words would you like to replace English with, then? Not to mention that "Boiling Water" is likely to lack any substance capable of gumming anything up anyway.

In this case, you fail at "the funny". :glare:

Quote from: fhdz on November 20, 2013, 08:54:53 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on November 20, 2013, 12:40:58 PM
And yet another black mark against Paradox; Steam is a pile of shit that gums up computers.

I like when people keep saying things like this. It reminds me of stuff like "everybody knows Windows is a rip-off of the MacOS anyway".

Boot up any windows computer with Steam, then boot up one with the same OS and specs without Steam.

Then once they're booted try using IE.

[To be fair, Firefox seems to be much less affected and from what I can tell I'm probably nearly the last user of IE on these forums.]

Then consider that you have to have it running in the background when you play a game even if you're running it in offline mode.

Then come back and tell me that I'm wrong. :glare:

"Gums Up" is an pretty accurate description of what Steam does.

------------------------

And Garbon?

I agree, it's got better; they've fixed a lot of their old issues with mods, for one thing.

Not that that makes their practises any more likeable though; every time I think of Steam and it's marketplace position I'm reminded of the old VHS-Betamax wars. In both cases the inferior method won.

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."