News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Seriously?  You are playing BG2 again?  Is this your 12th playthrough or something?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

I guess I replay it about once every 4 years.  It's one of my favorite games, and it's so fucking huge that there's no way you don't end up doing new things. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

I bought SoA but can't get it to work. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Left a post on the forums.  Will probably be told to register my game with the forum. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

garbon

Odd they couldn't even be bothered to re-skin so Jews don't have cross on religious tab?

Looks like patch introduced some funky things. I've old tengri and reformed tengri at start.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Well I just lost about 70% of my BG2 game, basically all of the fucking massive Chapter 2.  Just going to call it quits on games for a while.  Fucking Enhanced Edition bullshit. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tamas

Oddly enough, the DLC/patch largely focusing on fleshing out religions and Catholic one at that, screws up Papal mechanics completely.
AI now uses anti-Popes which would be great if the mechanics would not be bugged, and there would be, like, IDK, disadvantages to having an anti-Pope? There are all kinds of buggery with it. eg. a guy put his anti-Pope to Rome as proper pope. Result? Former anti-Pope`s heir is now a new anti-pope against the former (now proper) anti-Pope. Assassinating anti-Pope gives anti-popery to his heir. So guy gives anti-pope as vassal to the proper pope. Result? Anti-Pope remains as Papal vassal, and member of the Papal court.  :D

Plus, IDK why, but the Pope always ends up getting thousands upon thousands of Piety, giving a moral authority bonus of in the +600% range.

Shelved until patch.  :(

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on November 19, 2013, 05:25:05 AM
Oddly enough, the DLC/patch largely focusing on fleshing out religions and Catholic one at that, screws up Papal mechanics completely.
AI now uses anti-Popes which would be great if the mechanics would not be bugged, and there would be, like, IDK, disadvantages to having an anti-Pope? There are all kinds of buggery with it. eg. a guy put his anti-Pope to Rome as proper pope. Result? Former anti-Pope`s heir is now a new anti-pope against the former (now proper) anti-Pope. Assassinating anti-Pope gives anti-popery to his heir. So guy gives anti-pope as vassal to the proper pope. Result? Anti-Pope remains as Papal vassal, and member of the Papal court.  :D

Plus, IDK why, but the Pope always ends up getting thousands upon thousands of Piety, giving a moral authority bonus of in the +600% range.

Shelved until patch.  :(

I do wonder with some of these blatant things if they were items added last minute so no checking was thoroughly done.  I guess they don't have the same rigor for this brand as they have stated for EU4. :D

I did read about people posting about the reactionary jihads/crusades. Those sound pretty cool.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Oh apparently a beta patch when live on steam today.

Quote- Added missing Jewish religious icons
- No longer possible to play as a Jew without the Sons of Abraham DLC
- The "Legitimize Bastard" decision now sets the correct dynasty
- Cathars now have access to the "True Cognatic" succession law
- Jewish priests are now allowed to marry
- The kingdom of Jerusalem decisions to vassalize the Knights Templar and Hospitaller now work
- Heresies are now also shown on the religion page in the ledger
- The Knights of Santiago now have their historical activation date and first Grandmaster
- Fixed a bug where an antipope installed as proper Pope in Rome would get an antipope successor
- Fixed a bug where the Pope could restore himself in Rome infinitely, for astronomical amounts of Piety
- GamersGate users no longer incorrectly get the Steam overlay
- Different platforms don't get different checksums anymore
- You can no longer get a barony level character when pressing the Random Character button
- Added more descriptive text when Ironman is disabled
- Removed some ways in which one could cheat in Ironman
- Disabled autosave to cloud storage option in settings if no cloud storage is available
- Fixed some bugs with the new 'hold_election' effect

UPDATE 1:
- AI: Massively reduced the chance that it will create antipopes, for now
- Fixed an issue with ridiculously powerful Mongol stacks if there were Jews in the world

Syt

Those are the kind of bug fixes that remind me of "good old" Paradox releases. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Tried playing as the Khazars.  They are immediately destroyed by the the other Steppe countries.  So some things never change.  I have figured out how to have have a Jewish state though.  Start off as a Viking and raid Khazaria.  Kidnap a woman, rape her, and then an option to convert to her religion appears.  Haven't tried it with Jews but there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

I'm fully aware how fucked up that strategy sounds.

Tamas

You know, people playing this supposed to have at least some idea or interest about history right?

The new levy system Paradox devised represents what was going on historically MUCH better than the previous version.
And in the P`dox thread about it? The praises for the system were eventually eradicated by the endless whining why it is so stupid since it makes it harder for players to blob, and how "lazy" this solution is to up difficulty etc. :bleeding:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on November 20, 2013, 01:09:03 AM
Tried playing as the Khazars.  They are immediately destroyed by the the other Steppe countries.  So some things never change.  I have figured out how to have have a Jewish state though.  Start off as a Viking and raid Khazaria.  Kidnap a woman, rape her, and then an option to convert to her religion appears.  Haven't tried it with Jews but there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

I'm fully aware how fucked up that strategy sounds.

Hot actually.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Drakken

Paradox has announced that it will stop supporting the Gamersgate version of CK2.

However, it will compensate people who own the GG version with free steamkeys for the game and DLCs they own.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?736049-Crusader-Kings-II-Steam-and-GG-Versions-The-Future