News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

That'd be hard, relationships in KoDP is largely non-hierarchical at least in crucial case of polity construction. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sheilbh

In the Irish Roma case they DNA proved the child was her parents'. She was just blonde :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Queequeg

"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

fhdz

Quote from: Queequeg on October 24, 2013, 05:08:56 PM
That'd be hard, relationships in KoDP is largely non-hierarchical at least in crucial case of polity construction.

:shrug: Setting's the more interesting piece to me. I like the CK dynamics. It can still be CK in KoDP clothes.
and the horse you rode in on

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on October 24, 2013, 05:46:52 PM
What?

I think in the p'dox posters I quoted when they talked about Roma child thieving cases.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

:hmm: Kotaku writer put up an article about how p'dox was cool for having a Jewish civilization incoming (Khazars) while Civilization still hasn't after 2 decades but includes obscure nations like Poland and Brazil. P'dox Poland contingent got huffy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Anyone know how decadence currently works? I had a game where all of a sudden I was gaining 1.3 decadence per month. Saved and reloaded and then it was down to 0.2. Odd.

Also, very strange things start to happen when you start converting Christian dynasties. I smashed through Byzantines as Fatimids but let the native Greeks stay in power as long as they converted. Some of them most have intermarried with French dynasties as randomly a Sultan of France appeared asking for my daughter's hand in marriage.

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on October 25, 2013, 09:21:42 AM
:hmm: Kotaku writer put up an article about how p'dox was cool for having a Jewish civilization incoming (Khazars) while Civilization still hasn't after 2 decades but includes obscure nations like Poland and Brazil. P'dox Poland contingent got huffy.
This is stupid.  I can name off the top of my head 15 mid-tier Middle Eastern polities of greater pure political influence and power than any of the Israelite kingdoms, and Judaism is a religion in Civ IV and presumably V.

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 24, 2013, 05:41:58 PM
In the Irish Roma case they DNA proved the child was her parents'. She was just blonde :bleeding:

Travellers aren't even Roma, they're a group of ethic Irish who've adopted a begging and thieving culture. Interestingly, the Greek blond girl also turned out to be Roma -- just purchased by her fake parents from another Roma family.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Viking

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on October 29, 2013, 03:29:48 AM

Travellers aren't even Roma, they're a group of ethic Irish who've adopted a begging and thieving culture. Interestingly, the Greek blond girl also turned out to be Roma -- just purchased by her fake parents from another Roma family.

It's their culture and we have no right to judge. Calling the transaction in humans for cash slavery is just cultural imperialism.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Anatron

Quote from: Viking on October 29, 2013, 05:14:24 PM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on October 29, 2013, 03:29:48 AM

It's their culture and we have no right to judge. Calling the transaction in humans for cash slavery is just cultural imperialism.

It's not a culture thing Viking.Romas doing it becouse they dont want to work for money.Instead they using the system's weaknesses to get the money.More children they have, they can collect more money from the state,but this cash will be used for the needs of the parents (buy alcohol,new car etc.) not for their children.They doing this in Hungary since 1989 .Becouse they dont need to work for the money every Roma doing this,making more and more problem for the economy as their numbers grows ...

Razgovory

See, this is why the Jews who were alive in Europe left for Israel.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 29, 2013, 05:42:33 PM
See, this is why the Jews who were alive in Europe left for Israel.

Because they could be sold into slavery by lazy Roma? :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

There will be two unit packs ("Warriors of Faith" and "Holy Orders") and one music pack ("Hymns of Abraham") together with the "Sons of Abraham" DLC.

jimmy olsen

This was posted on Facebook an hour ago.

QuoteMUSLIM SCHOOLS
Muslim rulers get several new features in Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham. For example, players may now choose to adopt one of two major Sunni schools of theology – the Mutazila and Ashari. Each of the two schools will have its own benefits, but there is a catch - choosing sides is certain to annoy followers of the opposing school. Also, Muslim heresies may now have their own Caliphate.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point