News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Say on conversions, would it make sense to add a small positive modifier based on relation between the ruler sending a missionary and the ruler receiving a missionary?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

The abilities of muslim heresies to form their own caliphates and also that heresies will tend to spring up around the same geographic areas (no more Waldensians in little pockets everywhere) sound cool.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Oh p'dox forums never fail me. In a thread called my favourite part of the upcoming DLC:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?730355-My-Favourite-part-of-the-upcoming-DLC./page2

Quote from: Poster B
Quote from: Poster AThe capability of Genocide existed before the implementation of Judaism. I don't see how it's any worse then any other cultural or religious elimination in-game.

But to be perfectly honest, My first thought when I header the Implementation of the Jews, was to do a Reverse-Holocaust... That is to say, taking over all the German territories and making them Ashkenazi Jewish territories... I'm a horrible person.
I think you need to learn some of the history of the last few decades. You see, you can slaughter millions of peoples of any given ethnic group, so that there are none, or virtually none, of them left in your territory but it's okay so long as they aren't Jewish. You want to kill Armenians? Go ahead (it didn't happen anyway so only some lying liars with an axe to grind might complain)! You want to annihilate the Romani population of Europe? Knock yourself out! The Gypo's are nothing but a bunch of baby-stealing prostitues, thieves and filthy rats anyway so killing them all is a public service. While you're at it, you're more than welcome to kill all the queers, commies and retards you can lay your hands on. How about Cambodians? Nobody gives a shit if you want to destroy a million Asian peasants. The same goes for the Hutus and Tutsis, they're just a bunch of African savages. The list could go on and on and on. Jews are treated as special little snowflakes because they have very loud lobbyists, renowned for knee-jerk reactions.

The Jews might have lost a lot of people, but it was the Roma that were almost made extinct in Europe, not the Jews. Just in the last two weeks there have been not one but two cases, one in Greece and another in Ireland, of gypsies reportedly stealing children. These people are still regularly deported from European countries. They are still viewed as a society of criminals. Their children are still placed in "special" schools. They are still the most hated people in Europe and treated as vermin, the same way they have been for centuries. It is also perversely amusing to see all the careful language surrounding the African slave trade, but the Roma, who made up the bulk of slaves in the Balkans until, well whaddayaknow, the 1860s are still treated like shit. The various gypsy peoples are still seen as a scourge on civilised Europe that needs to be "dealt with". But it's okay to treat them like that because they are not Jews.

The most offensive thing about it all is Holocaust Memorial Day. A day when we must remember the Jews so that we never forget and allow it to happen again. Nevermind all the other people that have been subject to genocide in the last century, or so, it's only the Jews we have to remember. There was no Jewish Holocaust, there was only a Holocaust that the Jews were a part of and it was only one genocide among many. Holocaust Memorial Day needs to be changed to Genocide Memorial Day, so that we never forget and never let it happen to anyone again.

Any person who gets offended over destroying the Jews in game needs to take a long hard look at themself and their world view. You can annihilate any culture, any religion and any dynasty in the game with enough time and planning. I've seen a lot of people advocating the annihilation of the Karlings as the only possible way to have a good ToG game. I've seen others talk about how much fun they had hunting down and killing every last Catholic they could find. Anyone advocating the destruction of the Khazars or killing every Jew you find, however, will be met with outrage just because the Jews are more important than anyone else.

Quote from: Poster C
Quote from: Poster BJust in the last two weeks there have been not one but two cases, one in Greece and another in Ireland, of gypsies reportedly stealing children.
This kinda gets my goat...are you suggesting Gypsies are somehow the only people who never kidnap children? If not, then why is it somehow wrong to report them doing so? Especially as the case in Greece isn't a kidnap case....

In a similar vein, most slaves in today's Europe are Gypsies, but an even greater proportion of slave owners are Gypsies. In "pure" gypsy culture slavery is still OK, and because they are so segregated that allows them to keep practising it. Sending their children to "special schools" might not be a "nice" thing to do, but it breaks that isolation and teaches them values such as slavery being wrong. Slavery, like "corrective rape", lynching homosexuals, etc will not be eradicated as long as we keep pretending the cultures that encourage it are not the problem. It really isn't just the people who do it, it's the culture which teaches them they can and should. To paraphrase Napier, let people act according to their culture, but judge them by their actions.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on October 24, 2013, 07:41:58 AM
The most offensive thing about it all is Holocaust Memorial Day. A day when we must remember the Jews so that we never forget and allow it to happen again. Nevermind all the other people that have been subject to genocide in the last century, or so, it's only the Jews we have to remember. There was no Jewish Holocaust, there was only a Holocaust that the Jews were a part of and it was only one genocide among many. Holocaust Memorial Day needs to be changed to Genocide Memorial Day, so that we never forget and never let it happen to anyone again.

LOL.

Wow what a fruitcake.  I love racist whines: 'blacks weren't the only slaves!  Waaaaaaah'.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on October 24, 2013, 08:32:45 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 24, 2013, 07:41:58 AM

LOL.

Wow what a fruitcake.  I love racist whines: 'blacks weren't the only slaves!  Waaaaaaah'.

Well, I suppose in the actual timeline of the game, Europeans were much more likely to end up slaves of Africans or Middle Easterners than vice versa.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 24, 2013, 10:25:33 AM
Well, I suppose in the actual timeline of the game, Europeans were much more likely to end up slaves of Africans or Middle Easterners than vice versa.

Well assuming the said Africans were Arabs yeah I suspect so. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zanza

Johan has 6 more DLCs planned for CK if sales permit.

Razgovory

Quote from: Zanza on October 24, 2013, 11:27:51 AM

Are they the "more songs" type of DLCs or are they the useful ones?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on October 24, 2013, 01:03:28 PM

Are they the "more songs" type of DLCs or are they the useful ones?

From the various things I've read, they still want to do meaningful things though perhaps on a smaller scale than these earlier ones.

Valmy

The new starting date will be 3000 BC

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on October 24, 2013, 02:03:10 PM

The new starting date will be 3000 BC

I'd love a great ancient game. :mmm:

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

I would as well.  A bronze age game would be fun, but all but impossible to do research for.  I do remember Slitherine doing one a long time ago, but it was terrible.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

I think you could do it a bit like King of Dragon Pass.  Add a magical element, make it about characters and relatively small-scale warfare and ethnogenisis. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

fhdz

Quote from: Queequeg on October 24, 2013, 04:09:05 PM
I think you could do it a bit like King of Dragon Pass.  Add a magical element, make it about characters and relatively small-scale warfare and ethnogenisis.

I'd love to see a KoDP total conversion for CK.
and the horse you rode in on