News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

That is what is so charming about Lettow: he revels in his eccentricity.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2013, 11:30:08 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 03, 2013, 01:32:56 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on October 03, 2013, 10:47:31 AM
Jesus.

I don't think Jesus was a girl... Not even with a bottle of booze

He is in Lettow's alternative world where all the major world religious figures are young virginal maidens.

I shouldn't have googled ... :lol:

http://rt.com/art-and-culture/manga-dictators-book-girls-426/

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Queequeg

Is the bottom one Stalin? Look like TB4s in background, wearing red.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Syt

Quote from: Queequeg on October 04, 2013, 12:30:13 AM
Is the bottom one Stalin? Look like TB4s in background, wearing red.

White uniform, pipe, Tu-4s? I'm sure this must be Churchill.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Mao

Pol-Pot?

Saddam Hussein

You can click through more anime girl dictators here: http://rotten-k.livejournal.com/pics/catalog/863/4569969
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Now I know the British Empire was hardly Democratic but it seems a little far to call Churchill a dictator.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

Um, no.  That's quite enough of that.  I'm not sure which is more disturbing, Stalin depicted as young girl, or that the picture is set so you are looking up hisr/her(?) skirt.  There must be a whole generation of really sexually confused men in Japan.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

I will never be able to sear the image of Pol Pot's cameltoe out of my head.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on October 04, 2013, 01:35:53 AM
I will never be able to sear the image of Pol Pot's cameltoe out of my head.

Now that's a quote.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Agelastus

Quote from: Queequeg on October 03, 2013, 11:37:04 PM
It's just weird on every level.  It's weird that a racist Neoconfederate loves it.  It's weird that he's posting it on this forum.  It's weird that the Japanese made a game like this.  And it's really, really weird that in a game about the most storied period in Japanese history-the Sengoku Jidai-they make all the characters look Caucasian.

Perhaps even weirder is that from all reports it's apparently a good game - despite the dubious sexual shenanigans.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

garbon

I was going to play as Crete which was known as a muslim pirate haven in the 9th century. However, because of how they re-did tech, I have access to no ships. :hmm:

edit: also unlike the Christians, there are no merc groups I can use with ships...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on October 02, 2013, 08:26:38 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 01, 2013, 07:25:38 PM
How big is your realm and how fast are you expanding?

Various sizes :P

And once factions start popping up I generally stop expanding (unless I can get by with just mercs and my retinue).  Getting into a war is pretty risky since if you suffer a big loss you can pretty much count on a faction war.  The worst is when you have Gavelkind succession, your brothers are going to get most of your dad's fiefs and you can expect a big war coming sooner rather than later and losing it means you go from King to Count.
Expand or die in my opinion. That way you have duchies for your heir to create for prestige upon your death, and to give to nobles who will be loyal vassals.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

they make all the characters look Caucasian.
Don't tell the Japanese that, they'll usually disagree vehemently.

http://kotaku.com/5627268/why-do-japanese-characters-look-white
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 09, 2013, 11:55:17 PM
they make all the characters look Caucasian.
Don't tell the Japanese that, they'll usually disagree vehemently.

http://kotaku.com/5627268/why-do-japanese-characters-look-white

Yeah, and they disagree that what they did Nanjing was bad.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 10, 2013, 04:35:48 AM
Yeah, and they disagree that what they did Nanjing was bad.

The Greater Nanjing Co-Prosperity Making Incident?