News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Stutter is what, -1 diplomacy?  Big fucking deal.

Zanza

CK2 will get Ironman mode and achievements in its next patch. :)

And the patch will be numbered 2.0, so I hope they have a big DLC in the works.

OttoVonBismarck

Hm, just tried my first game with the 867 start date as a non-pagan. Do Christians not have Holy War CB against Muslims or Norse by default? I can't remember ever having problems DOWing a non-Christian in the base game...

jimmy olsen

I believe you may have to border them, but aside from that you should be able to do it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

150 years of gameplay 

The Roman Empire and the Makedon dynasty reigns supreme. :cool:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

I have a huge -30 breaking feudal obligation penalty and no idea what I did to incur it.

How do you get that penalty and how long does it last?

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Has anyone tried this small mod? Looks kinda cool / nice on the front that it truly is a very small change.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?707550-Decadence-Breakup-(minimod)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I'm thinking for my next game that I'm going to try to have Europe large taken over by Muslims for conversion to EUIV. I guess sadly like Year of Rice and Salt. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on October 01, 2013, 10:19:29 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 01, 2013, 10:05:21 AM
I guess sadly like Year of Rice and Salt. :blush:
"sadly"? :hmm:

I disliked that book and disliked the author more when I met him.

Caliga

I've never met him, but I did like the book.  His Mars trilogy is definitely better, though.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

I will probably never get the hang of this game.  The factions are just brutal, even when there are just a few members once they revolt what should be an easy war quickly goes nuts because tons of nobles not in the faction join up.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on October 01, 2013, 02:13:00 PM
I will probably never get the hang of this game.  The factions are just brutal, even when there are just a few members once they revolt what should be an easy war quickly goes nuts because tons of nobles not in the faction join up.

I think key is keeping the factions weak. I use a combo of my chancellor to increase relations (along with carrots like raising some of my extra children, honorary titles and ducats) and my spymaster to discourage joining a faction (for those whom I will not be able to increase relations with enough to increase to threshold where they don't join factions/don't stay in factions for long).

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on October 01, 2013, 02:13:00 PM
How big is your realm and how fast are you expanding?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 01, 2013, 07:25:38 PM
How big is your realm and how fast are you expanding?

Various sizes :P

And once factions start popping up I generally stop expanding (unless I can get by with just mercs and my retinue).  Getting into a war is pretty risky since if you suffer a big loss you can pretty much count on a faction war.  The worst is when you have Gavelkind succession, your brothers are going to get most of your dad's fiefs and you can expect a big war coming sooner rather than later and losing it means you go from King to Count.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."