News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on August 22, 2013, 10:57:55 PM
To explain, this is from an Old Gods game (so the game is FAR off the rails by now). The Poles were pagans till recently. I was waiting for the HRE to kick their ass and Christianize them. However, Poland reaches into Belarus and neighbors the mighty Balaban Steppe Empire (successor to Seljuks). They probably kicked Polish butt and converted the king.

Also, the Kingdom of Hungary is fully Fraticelli.

Yeah, I like the way heresy works.  If the Moral authority of the church falls you get a lot of heresy, essentially it's the protestant reformation come early.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

So, what's the best score you guys have racked up for a single King? I need a goal to shoot for.

My current King who has reigned 36 years has over 13k prestige, and 5600 piety, but I'm sure you guys have done a lot better than that.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 26, 2013, 08:42:25 AM
So, what's the best score you guys have racked up for a single King? I need a goal to shoot for.

My current King who has reigned 36 years has over 13k prestige, and 5600 piety, but I'm sure you guys have done a lot better than that.

If you have the ruler designer you can put a whole bunch of disabilities on your king and boost his health sky high.  He'll essentially be immortal, allowing you to get ridiculously high prestige and piety.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Grallon

I love the 'request invasion' option - you get to keep the primary title for your target *and* every single province you fully control.  Then you can set up an entirely new aristocracy.  I usually pick lowborn and that create new dynasties.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Admiral Yi

If I'm being Holy Warred by a Muslim mega-empire, how do I beg other Jesus lovers to bail me out?

Sophie Scholl

Does the ai not have a truce breaking penalty?  I swear, my Muslim neighbors as the Kingdom of Jerusalem attack me every 8 months.  It's annoying as hell, because I can't take any of their damned lands as punishment and they don't seem to suffer any setbacks at all.  They field maxed out doom stacks of troops every time and never seem to suffer from the prestige/money/whatever else you suffer for losing hits.  I am:  unhappy.  Also, the Old Gods expansion is killing me with random Christians deciding it's a fun day to continually show up on my shores and invade with 10's of thousands of troops like some roided up viking hordes.  Ugh.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 26, 2013, 04:44:52 PM
If I'm being Holy Warred by a Muslim mega-empire, how do I beg other Jesus lovers to bail me out?
I think you have to have married members of your dynasty into theirs to be able to call on them.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 27, 2013, 03:32:19 AM
Then I'm fucked.

There is a chance they'll join in to save your ass.

jimmy olsen

I'm close to restoring the Roman Empire in my current game and am thinking ahead.

Any strategy for playing Zorastrian aside from praying for Muslim fratricide and resurgent Byzantines?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 28, 2013, 12:42:57 AM
I'm close to restoring the Roman Empire in my current game and am thinking ahead.

Any strategy for playing Zorastrian aside from praying for Muslim fratricide and resurgent Byzantines?

They have reduced chance of inbreds (for some silly Paradoxian reason), so do marry siblings for the bonuses.

Queequeg

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 28, 2013, 12:42:57 AM

Persia is disunited in void left by Abbasids. Convert Turks for new allies.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

jimmy olsen

Stutter is caused by character choices in game right, it's not due to inbreeding right? My heir just inherited and his two sons stutter and his daughter's an imbecile. Doesn't seem to be any inbreeding as far as I'm aware, just tremendously bad luck.  :unsure:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Maximus

Stutter seems to be inheritable, I just had a kids born with a stutter, and his Mother stutters. Like a lot of negative inheritable traits it probably can be introduced by inbreeding but is not necessarily.