Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

They have always been there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

No shit.

Got the answer to my previous question I think.  Emperor gets a weak claim on my throne that dies with him.

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on August 15, 2013, 12:31:56 PM
You need to hover over the retinue choices on the right to see how much retinue cap they actually need.

Ah, got it.

My game as Northern Jarl progresses ... interestingly. The Danish Empire reached its peak around 1020 AD - Ireland, most of England/Wales, all of Sweden and Norway, Denmark, Holstein, Pommerania, Flanders and the German North Sea coast were firmly in their grip. However, for the past 100 years, the country has suffered countless internal conflicts, and at one time even had a Christian king for half a year (I helped assassinate him).

I'm no longer Jarl of Ostlandet. I nearly lost it in the 1050s, when my ruler had married matrilineally, but I switched inheritance laws to seniority just in time. I gave my counties to my brothers. I was fighting a petty war against the Chief of Lübeck in the 1080s - I was at the brink of victory and then crushed by Lübeck's allies deciding to help after all. At that time my brother challenged me for the Jarl title, and kicked my ass. I was reduced to count. Then he revoked both my counties.

The game switched to my next of kin, the Jarl of Jamtland, which is even more of a backwater than Ostlandet was. :bleeding:

Elsewhere. ca. 1135 AD. Scotland shares Britain with Denmark; there's small bits and pieces of an independent England and Mercia. The HRE still has most of Byzantium incorporated, modern day West Germany, Yugoslavia down to Bosnia, and most of France (except for the South and Southwest). Following a crusade against the Kingdom of Italy (they went full Lollard), Italy down to Naples is also part of the HRE. German culture reaches to Bosnia, into most of France, Italy. The former Byzantine lands are Catholic, with Bulgaria and Georgia remaining Orthodox. The Seljuks conquered a steppe empire that's slowly turning Turkish. Islam is mostly united (from Persia to Libya), but the ruling dynasty changes a lot.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grallon

So I downloaded and installed the latest patch - and bought the Customizer.  Naturally I had to uninstall and reinstall the game - and all the DLCs - but when it comes to the Customizer that DLC is always empty (1 KB - empty zip file) - despite saying it downloaded 128 KB.

Anyone else has that problem?  There are reports in the bug sub forum that for those who can use it - whatever changes made with the Customizer won't remain...  I waited for this so long it annoys me to see it doesn't work.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

It turns out my initial character was a child - hence no customization option.  Still from I saw with an adult character - all you can change is the hairdo and the beard.  Not what I was expecting...

But more frustrating by far is that I have to rewrite the carefully modded landed_titles.txt I had made - thanks to yet another instance of undocumented Paradox changes.  I swear they seem to like nothing better than have us waste time digging for the things they've changed, then waste some more time re-writing our mods, all of that instead of playing their game...  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Sounds like you need to just play the game and stop modding.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Just noticed I have a German vassal from the House Aspberger.  ^_^

Admiral Yi

Is there anything I can do to aid and abet the expansion of my culture?

Are there any downsides to holding more than one royal title?

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 19, 2013, 02:46:57 PM
Are there any downsides to holding more than one royal title?

-Vassals will have a relationship malus with you if you've the natural title over them (something like "Desires Kingdom of England")
-You won't have any dejure drift, so no integration into your one kingdom title.
-If your succession laws aren't in sync, you could have one inherited away and whatever lands are under it.
People in the line of succession will get claims on each of your titles, so easy again to see your domains break apart when they fight you for one of them (though upside is that you'll still have a kingdom title if they are successful whereas you wouldn't have one if they successfully fight you for your one title).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

I didn't understand the first part.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 19, 2013, 06:21:26 PM
I didn't understand the first part.

Having a kingdom title will always lower relations with dukes who have property in the boundaries of the dejure kingdom.  So if you are the King of France you will take a -15 hit on on relations with all your dukes living within the dejure borders of France.  If you are king of France but have vassals outside your dejure kingdom those vassals will not have the -15 hit relations with you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

I didn't recall seeing that for any of my vassals, so I checked, and none of them seem to have a boner for my crown.

garbon

Hmm, maybe it is just for non-primary titles. I just checked in my games as Roman Emperor and my kingdom of England is wanted by all the feudal dukes in England. Relations of -20.