News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Sweet chocolate Christ!  Is it possible to kill the fucking idiot raiders that constantly attack me as Poland?  They cannot be touched, as they avoid every single fight and simply province  hop around my armies I send to attack them.  I can't apparently set up any kind of patrolling fleets, nor can I simply wipe out the retard one province minor pagan in Sweeden who keeps sending them.  I am:  not pleased. :mad:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

garbon

For the most part I just ignore them. I've found a lot of the time the AI is pretty dreadful at using them and it is rare that they actually send enough to successfully pillage a province*.

Also, best way I've found to fight them is to send troops in and then catch them by raising troops in the province. If you time it right, the troops you sent in will make it in before the morale of the freshly raised troops.

*in fact more annoying is when you'll get a raider that's stuck on alternating between fleeing and pillaging, so you get non-stop notifications about them pillaging your province.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 12, 2013, 09:21:25 PM
Sweet chocolate Christ!  Is it possible to kill the fucking idiot raiders that constantly attack me as Poland?  They cannot be touched, as they avoid every single fight and simply province  hop around my armies I send to attack them.  I can't apparently set up any kind of patrolling fleets, nor can I simply wipe out the retard one province minor pagan in Sweeden who keeps sending them.  I am:  not pleased. :mad:

Conquer all of Scandinavia, force convert the fuckers and that will stop.  Or ignore them as Garbon said.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Ed Anger

That is a job for the retinue in peacetime. A couple of cavalry ones will do the trick. It is needless time wasting though.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I have yet to figure out how to re-fill my retinue. It keeps telling me I'm at max retinue, reinforcements are set to max, but they're still at 0. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Look on the retinue screen and there are 3 buttons I believe that show a bar that is full, one that is half empty and one that is empty.  Those are in charge of maintenance for retinues so if you want them to fully recruit, you got pick the max maintenance one.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on August 13, 2013, 08:50:54 AM
Look on the retinue screen and there are 3 buttons I believe that show a bar that is full, one that is half empty and one that is empty.  Those are in charge of maintenance for retinues so if you want them to fully recruit, you got pick the max maintenance one.

I'm pretty sure I have that (because I found those buttons), but I will verify once I'm home. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Ok, I'm too stupid for retinues. This is the screen in my current game. It says I have a cap of 198. I can't recruit new ones (says cap is reached). Reinforcement is set to max. I've had up to 1200 gold in cash over the past 150 years, so lack of money can't be the problem, either. :(

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Octavian

Quote from: Syt on August 15, 2013, 02:36:40 AM
Ok, I'm too stupid for retinues. This is the screen in my current game. It says I have a cap of 198. I can't recruit new ones (says cap is reached). Reinforcement is set to max. I've had up to 1200 gold in cash over the past 150 years, so lack of money can't be the problem, either. :(

Perhaps you need to reinstall Legacy of Rome?
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Solmyr

Quote from: Syt on August 15, 2013, 02:36:40 AM

The cap is reached because those retinues require at least a cap of several hundred to muster. Are your lands crap? How do you have such a low cap?

Syt

That might be. I'm a Jarl in South Norway.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Yeah Sol's right. You can't raise a retinue if you've only a cap of 198. If you look to the right, the retinue choices to the right need 500.

Zanza

You need to hover over the retinue choices on the right to see how much retinue cap they actually need.

Admiral Yi

Latest patch seems to have added Mali and the Arabian peninsula to the map. :hmm: