And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 07, 2013, 02:56:40 PM
Yeah, that tab is grayed out for me and when I click on it nothing happens.

Maybe only kings and above get them?  I'm playing as a duke.

You have to have the Roman expansion for that tab to work I think.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

How did I get a -20 tyrant modifier on my vassals' opinions of me?

Ed Anger

Did you take a title away from a vassal that they viewed as tyrannical? In other words, without them being a traitor.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Nope.  Didn't do squat to them except throw them a bunch of feasts.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 24, 2013, 07:40:24 PM
How did I get a -20 tyrant modifier on my vassals' opinions of me?

Are you playing a second generation?  Your character might have done something tyrannical before you got to play him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

There's a chance he might have high-tailed it to another court during one of the dynastic shuffles, but still wouldn't that show up on his personal screen, explaining what the deal is?

And only some vassals think he's tyrannical.

Admiral Yi

My best guess at this point is that tyrant is an attribute like friend or rival that gets generated during fairs, hunts, or feasts.

Next question: if I, as king of Italy, lead or participate in a successfull independence faction war against HRE, does HRE get a claim on my throne?

garbon

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?704718-Crusader-Kings-II-Save-Converter-Announced-for-Europa-Universalis-IV

QuoteParadox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio, creators of global conquest titles for every age, today revealed the final pre-order reward for gamers for upcoming empire-building title Europa Universalis IV, releasing August 13 for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Players who pre-order Europa Universalis IV will be given a free copy of critically acclaimed strategy/RPG Crusader Kings II, Paradox's hit title of diplomacy, dynasties, and double-dealing set in the Middle Ages, to add to their own library or to gift to a friend.

Early adopters will also receive a new Saved Game Converter for Crusader Kings II, which will read the details of a saved game from a Crusader Kings II and convert that into a game that can be played in Europa Universalis IV. Fans of Crusader Kings II will be able to maintain the empires they have established and guide them through the age of exploration in an all-new strategic experience, continuing their personal stories of expansion and conquest.

Both the saved converter and copy of Crusader Kings II will be available as pre-order bonuses on August 1, and players that have already pre-purchased Europa Universalis IV will receive these additional bonuses. Strategy fans can prepare for the long road to conquest by pre-ordering Europa Universalis IV, details on all pre-order bonuses can be found here: www.europauniversalis4.com/buy

I wonder, since they are announcing this one, if it'll be professional-like. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

The Abyssnian Empire will finally have just enough time for world conquest.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on July 30, 2013, 09:19:17 AM
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?704718-Crusader-Kings-II-Save-Converter-Announced-for-Europa-Universalis-IV

Didn't they announce the CK -> EU2 converter as well, which was pretty bad?

garbon

Quote from: ulmont on July 30, 2013, 09:39:43 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 30, 2013, 09:19:17 AM

I don't remember it they announced it beyond just a post on their forum. And yes, it was dreadful.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: ulmont on July 30, 2013, 09:39:43 AM

Yeah and EU2 was particularly poorly suited with its historical monarchs and events and it presumed you could actually get to 1453 in CKI without it crashing.  It should go much better with EU4 since it should be able to handle weird things like the Islamic Moravian Empire of northern Finland much better.

Maximus

Can't wait to discover and colonize the new world as the Aztec empire.

Valmy

Quote from: Maximus on July 30, 2013, 10:08:37 AM
Can't wait to discover and colonize the new world as the Aztec empire.

:lol:

Good point.