News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on June 29, 2013, 10:00:31 PM
Playing as 1100 start Lithuania with Old Gods. Constantly raiding Poland is awesome.

Why can't Muslims and Christians raid religious enemies?

Who knows? Why do viking long boats lose the ability to navigate rivers when the Norse Christianize?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

They all try to walk on water without boats.

Admiral Yi

What disadvantages are there, if any, of having a holding of the wrong type?  After giving up on this game I'm giving it another try, as Duchess of Tuscany.  I conquer Ravenna and see the capital is a temple, so I appoint a bishop.  Now I'm looking at the various Italian republics, and see their capitals are towns.

Does that mean I have to appoint magistrates if I annex them?  Can I make a barony the capital of the county?  What bad things happen if I just keep the wrong type of holding in my demesne?

Liep

Tax penalty is the bad thing, iirc. You can change the county's capital by granting it to either a baron, a mayor or a bishop.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Admiral Yi

Two more questions:

What do you need before you get retinues?

Do the Mongols ebb somewhere on the German border, or do they turboconquer everything unless stopped by you as they did in CK I?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 07, 2013, 12:04:31 PM
Two more questions:

What do you need before you get retinues?

Do the Mongols ebb somewhere on the German border, or do they turboconquer everything unless stopped by you as they did in CK I?

I think it's based on your income.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

Mouseover your max retinue size and it should tell you what affects it. To add troops just use the right-hand column.

Admiral Yi

Where is the max retinue size?

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 07, 2013, 12:46:32 PM
Where is the max retinue size?
It's a mix of number of holdings and technology, you can find it under the Retinue tab under military screen next to levies.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Yeah, that tab is grayed out for me and when I click on it nothing happens.

Maybe only kings and above get them?  I'm playing as a duke.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 07, 2013, 02:56:40 PM

That could be the case, I think it said 6 per holding, and you need at least a 1000. Maybe later when your tech adds enough to get you above the 1000 mark.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 07, 2013, 02:56:40 PM

duke and above iirc

Admiral Yi

Next question:

Is there a way to find out when the current ruler began his reign, so I can know when it's getting close to my 10 year time to change the law time?

Solmyr

Click on your realm's coat of arms, and then on History.