News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Aside from a DLC to let the player play as theocracy, what's left?

Pushing the start date back to Charlemagne or Charles Martel?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 04, 2013, 05:38:09 PM

Pushing the map east to include India would be the obvious one. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

How about a Legacy of Rome one that actually implemented mechanics for Byzantines. Also more mechanics for HRE.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2013, 05:55:04 PM
How about a Legacy of Rome one that actually implemented mechanics for Byzantines. Also more mechanics for HRE.

I don't know.  Now that they have done the Empire for alles nonsense the Byzantines and the HRE are not special anymore.

What about mechanics for the Wendish Empire?  Can you paint with all the colors of the Wends?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

The Byzantine and HR Empires were substantively different than all other Empires of the period.  The Ottomans, Fatmids, Ilkhanates and Golden Hordes were all less unique. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Queequeg on June 04, 2013, 05:47:00 PM

Sounds cool, but the marriages are going to be even more ridiculous. There really should be a rank/distance limiter on that.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 04, 2013, 06:47:04 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on June 04, 2013, 05:47:00 PM

Sounds cool, but the marriages are going to be even more ridiculous. There really should be a rank/distance limiter on that.
There aren't a whole lot of Hindus to marry in Ireland. 

jimmy olsen

There will be once the Norse start raiding the Ganges for concubines.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 04, 2013, 07:10:06 PM
There will be once the Norse start raiding the Ganges for concubines.
That's geographically unlikely. And awesome. Norse-Bactrian Empire ftw. Praise be to Odin-Shiva.

Queequeg

TBH I'd actually love to see the map expand to China, with a largely different play style for centralized states.

Josquius

So how do these petty kingdoms work then?
What does it take to turn them into a real kingdom?
I'd like a kingdom of Gotland to exist, not to have to switch to Lithuania. :(

QuoteMy second son went off to join the Varangian Guard. A few years later my heir died so I invited the new heir back home. He came home and after 20 or so years of him fighting in Britain and raiding Iberia I suddenly got an event saying he had died while serving in the Varangian guard. :hmm:
Haha, I had similar.
My heir joined the guard and I immediately invited him back to my court. 5 years later an event about him coming home scarred and wealthy.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on June 04, 2013, 08:07:36 PM
TBH I'd actually love to see the map expand to China, with a largely different play style for centralized states.

Never happen.  I would like to see the game focus more on the Pope, the HRE, and the national churches.  I'd like to see the Pope interfere in countries more when moral authority is high and more anti-popes when moral authority is low.  I'd also like to see royal authority reworked.  You really shouldn't get reputation hits for Tyrannical acts with the highest royal authority.  I mean you are already a tyrant.  Perhaps they could split ruler's relations with other characters into two different scores, love and fear.  A tyrannical and hated king who is feared shouldn't face as many rebellions while a kind but unfeared king may face unruly vassals who want to see how far they can push the limits.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

The Magyars seem a bit over powered.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

in my game they got destroyed :P