News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

meh, I tried this silly-empire thing with Carpathia. Within a year, a count vassal of mine inherited King of Italy, so Italy is now my vassal. This is super-silly.

I am editing these shitty empires out.

What should stay? HRE and Byzantium for sure. Persia, too. Rest will go I think. Fuck this shit.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on May 31, 2013, 12:25:46 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 31, 2013, 12:23:35 PM
You know, when you do shit like that, for instance write ROMAnians it doesn't cause us to think of you very highly.

Yep, typical balkan kid.

there is only so much stupidity I can stomach. You can find me in the Hungarian thread cooling down things as well.

Over my years at Paradox, I have met multiple Slovaks with whom you could have a dialog. You know, meet them somewhere in the middle from the edges of the insanely lopsided history education we receive.
But I haven't seen a single ROMAnian there in more than a decade who could be reasoned with. None. Zero. So I have grown to be extremely impatient with them.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on May 31, 2013, 12:47:30 PM
What should stay? HRE and Byzantium for sure. Persia, too. Rest will go I think. Fuck this shit.

Yeah they are idiotic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on May 31, 2013, 12:55:42 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 31, 2013, 12:25:46 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 31, 2013, 12:23:35 PM
You know, when you do shit like that, for instance write ROMAnians it doesn't cause us to think of you very highly.

Yep, typical balkan kid.

there is only so much stupidity I can stomach. You can find me in the Hungarian thread cooling down things as well.

Over my years at Paradox, I have met multiple Slovaks with whom you could have a dialog. You know, meet them somewhere in the middle from the edges of the insanely lopsided history education we receive.
But I haven't seen a single ROMAnian there in more than a decade who could be reasoned with. None. Zero. So I have grown to be extremely impatient with them.

And this causes you to post the word "ROMAnian" here?  I'm not quite seeing the connection here.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

It's a matter of principle, and transition of a running joke I have with Fireblade :sleep:

Razgovory

And you wonder why Fascists have taken over your country. :rolleyes:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on May 29, 2013, 04:00:26 PM
The HRE never formed (I thought it was suppose to), and everyone still has gavelkind inheritance.  Year was 1300.

From event file looks like East Francia only converts to HRE if Karlings no longer rule East Francia.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Holy crap. I flamed Anglo Saxons with Ivar the Boneless chicken.

Sorta glad I bought this now. ZAP! DEAD CHRISTIANS! ZAP! DEAD DANES!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PRC

Here is a raiding guide tutorial on youtube that seems really gamey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49RSOybR7qA

Basically take multiple armies of at least 500 men on your boats, go to a seazone that borders several provinces and launch each of your armies into the various provinces.  I'm not sure if this is the case but in the vid it seems like stacking multiple armies in a province speeds up the rate of looting your raiders accumulate.

garbon

Rough. I fell into a succession of female monarchs. I now just have the county of Sacz...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

It's annoying that I have to disband my levies after each war.  I'm currently conquering Ireland one province at a time and each time I win a war I have to disband.  I had a son who married the daughter of the Norse King of Scotland, but he was murdered by his sister, who is now dead because I tossed her ass in jail.  Have to start all over with a new wife.

Something I've noticed.  When you siege a castle you often take important noble's wives prisoner.  So you can take a castle of an enemy, kidnap his wife and and make her your concubine which is kinda hot.

I have yet to see the AI use concubines.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on May 31, 2013, 10:24:08 PM
I have yet to see the AI use concubines.

I've seen the AI with them, as well as the children with that born of a concubine trait.

Tamas

over at the "hungarians aren't properly clothed" thread, there is a guy named "CossackPride" saying "you shouldn't insult steppe peoples by calling them asian looking"  :lmfao:

Priceless threads.

garbon

Quote from: garbon on May 31, 2013, 09:28:45 PM
Rough. I fell into a succession of female monarchs. I now just have the county of Sacz...

As Brain has famously said, sometimes you ride the tiger and sometimes the tiger rides you.

Thankfully during the lifetime of my ex-Queen of Poland, the throne of Rus came up for grabs. She had a claim as her father (who was also the uncle of her mother as I'd hoped they'd have a son to reunite Polish and Russian thrones, alas!) had been King of Rus before he was deposed. Fast forward and her grandson(maybe?) is ruling over a Catholic Russian kingdom.

I'd decided I was done with the fights for the throne at every succession, so let a Christian missionary in to help stabilize things and allow me to increase crown authority (circa 1050 so thought it was time).  Having played pagans for so long, I'd forgot about how you could easily get all your vassals to convert by demanding conversions. :D

Unfortunately, Poland (which also has some Russian lands - Ruthenia is an independent kingdom ruled by a Bulgarian Orthodox dynasty) is still pagan and keeps fighting me and the attrition penalty for entering pagan lands is brutal (though only seems to occur in pagan lands that have same religion as their ruler or is capital).  Looks like if you're going to play a pagan state and go Christian that your best bet is to wait until you have at least military organization 3 (though 4 is when penalty is completely gone) and/or subdued all the pagan lands you want before converting.

On a different note looking at my game now that it is around 1066, I wonder if Seljuks ever invade Persian lands, in mine they took out that state where the Cumans start in 1066 and have been quiet ever since. My middle east is split between Byzantine, Shia Caliphate and Saffarids. Most of Africa and Iberia in hands of Almoravid like state. British Isles split between Norse kingdoms of Ireland and England.  France is in pieces bordered by strong Germany and Lotharingia-Italy-Bavaria amalgam.

Also, I believe that Norse isn't reformed in my game (isn't mentioned as Reformed Norse) so it looks like Jomsvikings have a special allowance to allow them the proselytize. They tried a couple times (before I lost Poland) and despite my 6-year old queen allowing them in, never took.

garbon

Another observation, new rebellions are mostly just annoying as I predicted. Unless your back is up against the wall and you're out of troops, there's little chance that you won't successfully kill off any peasant rebellion (only type I've had so far). New system just makes it that you have to prioritize fighting them rather than just ignoring them.  Yet to see what they said about additional rebels joining in on an-ongoing rebellion (did have though a time when several random generals showed up to help me fight off a rebellion with a host of free troops for me).