Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: PRC on May 30, 2013, 04:10:05 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 30, 2013, 04:01:11 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 30, 2013, 03:57:53 PM
Quote from: PRC on May 30, 2013, 03:54:03 PM
The whole "Subjugate Norway" ambition (which I don't know if the same exists for other countries / cultures) seems pretty overpowered.  Gives you a free casus belli against everyone in that country and Norway in particular starts fairly fragmented so it's easy to rack up some early land quickly.

Do you even need claims to expand as a Pagan?  I thought it was a 'get out of claims free' card.

Yes you do. You can get free conquest cb on close provinces for states with other religions (so as slavic you can attack romuva or catholic as a few examples), and get subjugate cb that you can only use once every 10 years (unless you have become a king ambition).  But while attacking slavic states, I now need to fabricate claims.

Yes... I meant the "Become King of Norway" ambition.  You automatically start with a "Subjugate Norway" (or other Pagan country) that you can use once every ten years to have a free claim on a nearby county.

Yeah as long as you have enough bank for mercs, becoming king ambition makes it all very easy - particularly because the duchies/counts you subjugate don't seem to be angry. They should probably change it around so you get a relationship drop for using that cb / maybe even a hit for other states that are de jure in that kingdom (like how independent states get a relationship hit with you if you change the crown laws over their de jure kingdom).  After all, independent states should be wary of you gobbling them all up.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

So how does creating Kievan Rus' work?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

As far as the Christianity bit? In my current game I have a Slavic Rus and a Norse Kiev. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Rurik is Novgorod right?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Yep and culture is already Russian in provs so eventually (if they stay in power) his family converts. In mine they were overthrown.

Just had my first missionary try to come and convert Poland to Orthodoxy. I don't think it makes sense to give event to me immediately with decision to allow or imprison. Should instead just be like normally missionary work with change you might notice them.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on May 30, 2013, 04:58:45 PM
Yep and culture is already Russian in provs so eventually (if they stay in power) his family converts. In mine they were overthrown.

Just had my first missionary try to come and convert Poland to Orthodoxy. I don't think it makes sense to give event to me immediately with decision to allow or imprison. Should instead just be like normally missionary work with change you might notice them.

If it makes you feel better tell yourself they have been there for a while and this is the first time it has come to your notice.

garbon

:D

Yeah but the issue is that if they were there and I hadn't noticed them, chance that they'd start converting things. As it is, I'm fully in control on whether or not people in my court convert.

garbon

I feel bad. I got word that an adventurer was coming to attack me. He liked me so I paid him and he came to my court. I'm now lining up the assassins. :(

Tamas

:lol:

Since my Hungary conquered the Moldavian coast, two adventurers tried their luck there, but weren't a match for my manpower.

Seljuks appeared and turned toward the Russian steppes, since by the time of their arrival, the Abbassids formed the Empire of Arabia and manzikerted Byzantium out of Anatolia.

But in general, once again, I remembered what a great game this is. It would be too long to summarize the different generations. A great king, some mediocores, some real trouble after my kid king got assassinated, his older sister turning out well and receiving the "Great" title, etc. Very cool :)

Martinus

I tried starting as Piast, the legendary founder of the Polish Piast dynasty, but for some reason the Polanie tribe is an unplayable Republic. WTF?  :huh:

Tamas

Slavs, Hungarians, and especially ROMAnians opening butthurt QQ threads on the CK2 forum is hilarious.

garbon

One thing they need to do is getting Moravians fighting with Franks. If Hungarians don't attack it, it just sits there like a stable, well-respected Christian state. I'd have no clue from the game that the Franks sought to dominate the state.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on May 31, 2013, 03:21:26 AM
I tried starting as Piast, the legendary founder of the Polish Piast dynasty, but for some reason the Polanie tribe is an unplayable Republic. WTF?  :huh:

This is not a problem with my game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

There's a bug here and there that one of the tribes of Poland will show up as an unplayable Republic. Something they are working on fixing.

garbon

On a different note, I got greedy. My newest king had a claim on kingdom of Rus (which had eaten Ruthenia and then was split by gavelkind). Now I need to weather a faction revolt to take it back for the old king. :ph34r: