News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Well it'll make it more of a constant struggle until religion is reformed or you opt for a christian religion. Probably good on that front given how easy it is to expand as a pagan (what with all those small pagan realms).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I let the game run last night to see what the AI would do.  The Norse reformed, and Sweden is a country.  Bulgaria rules much of eastern Europe, France, and Italy are messes.  Strangely the Greeks went Nestortorian.  The HRE never formed (I thought it was suppose to), and everyone still has gavelkind inheritance.  Year was 1300.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on May 29, 2013, 12:37:37 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 29, 2013, 12:36:20 PM
Reference to Call of Cthulhu.

Is that in the game or some mod or what?
I believe it's actually in the game as an event chain for Vikings to increase their learning.

The demon one is for when the person putting up the runestone is possessed.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

So about to start up my Poland game after my first king died. I'm not sure if I was aware of it but gavelkind triggers no pretender but just all successors get claims. Right now actually, all of my brother's rulers have positive relations with him (except one) and the biggest risk is an independence faction that now has 112% the strength of my new ruler.  He has two demesne provinces. Thankfully, I'd saved bank with my last ruler so I've quite a bit to spend on mercs.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Pretty anti-climactic. Apparently you now get +50 relations with non-rebelling vassals after you crush a faction revolt. Now all my vassals either have very high relations with me or are imprisoned. :hmm:

Martinus

Could someone give me a hint as to a good country to play the first game of Old Gods with? Something to learn the ropes and whatnot. I feel lost.

Tamas

Dunno. Hungary is pretty tough I think, good for a challenge. Or to rub in what's new :D

I mean, you settle next to big Christians who can get super-easy CBs on you, plus most of your country will be wrong culture and wrong religion. You blink ONCE and I do mean just once and everyone, within and outside of borders, gang upon you and tear you apart.

I haven't tried any other pagans though.

jimmy olsen

Ivar the Boneless looks good for a starter game.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 30, 2013, 03:13:09 AM
Ivar the Boneless looks good for a starter game.

Is that who you need to be to control the 'Great Pagan Army'?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PRC

Harald Fairhair, Petty King of Ostlandet seems like an easy start.

garbon

On the other hand something Slavic like Kujawy or Masovia is also pretty easy as you don't have to be very aggressive if you don't want to (though you do I think need enough cash reserves unless the rampant states like Denmark decide to notice you).  East Francia seems to often be in revolts and Greater Moravia (if not eaten by Hungary) is often easy to appease by use of one's chancellor.

PRC

The whole "Subjugate Norway" ambition (which I don't know if the same exists for other countries / cultures) seems pretty overpowered.  Gives you a free casus belli against everyone in that country and Norway in particular starts fairly fragmented so it's easy to rack up some early land quickly.

Valmy

Quote from: PRC on May 30, 2013, 03:54:03 PM
The whole "Subjugate Norway" ambition (which I don't know if the same exists for other countries / cultures) seems pretty overpowered.  Gives you a free casus belli against everyone in that country and Norway in particular starts fairly fragmented so it's easy to rack up some early land quickly.

Do you even need claims to expand as a Pagan?  I thought it was a 'get out of claims free' card.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on May 30, 2013, 03:57:53 PM

Do you even need claims to expand as a Pagan?  I thought it was a 'get out of claims free' card.

Yes you do. You can get free conquest cb on close provinces for states with other religions (so as slavic you can attack romuva or catholic as a few examples), and get subjugate cb that you can only use once every 10 years (unless you have become a king ambition).  But while attacking slavic states, I now need to fabricate claims.

PRC

Quote from: garbon on May 30, 2013, 04:01:11 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 30, 2013, 03:57:53 PM

Yes you do. You can get free conquest cb on close provinces for states with other religions (so as slavic you can attack romuva or catholic as a few examples), and get subjugate cb that you can only use once every 10 years (unless you have become a king ambition).  But while attacking slavic states, I now need to fabricate claims.

Yes... I meant the "Become King of Norway" ambition.  You automatically start with a "Subjugate Norway" (or other Pagan country) that you can use once every ten years to have a free claim on a nearby county.