And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Queequeg

Quote from: Tamas on May 29, 2013, 11:29:02 AM
I think I will be forced to go orthodox, there is decision to convert to the attacker's religion when holy warred against.
:hug:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Ani was one of the largest cities on the map during the period.  Is it any bigger than it was in vanilla?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tamas

hah! I got around that by having a catholic cuncubine :P So now I have a young ruler with vastly negative prestige being just about the only catholic in his country.

Tamas

ok now I am being jumped by 90% of my nobility, supporting two claimants. I have no troops and I am broke. I have a save from before the Byzantium war. I think I will load it :P

Valmy

The situation for the Byzantine Empire is pretty simple despite all the chaotic new goodness.  With the Muslims looking pretty harmless and the Bulgars in position to get slammed by the Magyar juggernaut you can pick your front (which should be Italy, Southern Italy and Anatolia are the keys to a healthy Byzantium).  They should have made the Abbasids bigger and more powerful at least.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

I'm waiting to see what's going to happen in my game as Poland once my first king dies (my initial duke of masovia died in battle and so his vassal set about uniting Poland for his infant son :D). I'll probably end up having 4 sons and given the new gavelkind mechanism, my heir is going to be pretty weak compared to his brothers.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Won't you eventually just reach a point where you have one duchy and one King title? :hmm:

Or will it keep splitting until you just have one county?

I think I know how my game will go but I will follow it along for awhile and see what sort of challenges I have.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Caliga

Reference to Call of Cthulhu.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 29, 2013, 12:36:20 PM

Is that in the game or some mod or what?

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on May 29, 2013, 12:34:23 PM
Won't you eventually just reach a point where you have one duchy and one King title? :hmm:

I think I know how my game will go but I will follow it along for awhile and see what sort of challenges I have.

In my case, I believe it currently looks like my heir will have 2 provinces and no duchies (I'm not allowed to grant any of them to him currently) - though it might be the case that I also lose my capital as that's part of one of the duchy titles.

I've set two of his younger brothers to be tutored by him so hopefully they will have the bonuses of being happy via mentor and their education.

Different note, I like how events now list how long a relation effect lasts for. That's a nice tough. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on May 29, 2013, 12:37:37 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 29, 2013, 12:36:20 PM

Is that in the game or some mod or what?

Ugh. Cthulhu sucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on May 29, 2013, 12:34:23 PM

yeah, I wonder whats the end of this. You are guaranteed to be among the weakest nobles of your own kingdom. I guess I must change my strategy of handing out duke titles. Which sucks