News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Okay so invasions by hosts appear to be bugged. I got a notice that someone was preparing a host against me. Then he finally declared war and I have 100% war score / he just offered to give up. :D

He then just migrated to my court!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em I guess. :P

Off your meds yet, garbon? :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on May 28, 2013, 10:25:34 PM
Okay so invasions by hosts appear to be bugged. I got a notice that someone was preparing a host against me. Then he finally declared war and I have 100% war score / he just offered to give up. :D

not sure, people are telling stories about their sons forming adventuring parties and conquering stuff, so it does work at times.

Tamas

Quote from: Queequeg on May 28, 2013, 05:03:41 PM
Quote from: Tamas on May 28, 2013, 04:58:43 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 28, 2013, 04:49:34 PM
Apparently both Kumans and Ossetians until the Early Modern.  Damn, Tamas, you are some heterogeneous motherfuckers.

:lol: yeah I just read today that even in the early 1700s they were some remaining small uppity Cuman communities.

But my original point was that what the Hungarians did in the game's time period (live somewhere for centuries then pack up and relocate) was by far the exception, and the last ones to actually carve out an independent nation in Europe via that.
Turkey.

Europe

Solmyr

Quote from: Tamas on May 29, 2013, 03:28:06 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 28, 2013, 05:03:41 PM
Quote from: Tamas on May 28, 2013, 04:58:43 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 28, 2013, 04:49:34 PM
Apparently both Kumans and Ossetians until the Early Modern.  Damn, Tamas, you are some heterogeneous motherfuckers.

:lol: yeah I just read today that even in the early 1700s they were some remaining small uppity Cuman communities.

But my original point was that what the Hungarians did in the game's time period (live somewhere for centuries then pack up and relocate) was by far the exception, and the last ones to actually carve out an independent nation in Europe via that.
Turkey.

Europe

That excludes Hungary then.

Tamas

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on May 29, 2013, 03:27:46 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 28, 2013, 10:25:34 PM

not sure, people are telling stories about their sons forming adventuring parties and conquering stuff, so it does work at times.

Yeah something odd happened with mine. In fact, my game also crashed a bit after. I got notices in high priority about his family coming over (with regular norse portraits) but then also got notices in low priority tab and there they had muslim faces / after I saw the one with no portrait game ended. I guess I should see if its re-occurring and then I could be one of the hordes besieging the bug forum...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

That scripted Shia invasion is odd. It first attacked the Saffarids (or maybe Samanids) with a 5 year old leader. His invasion apparently failed and years later the Tulunids got attacked by a 3 year old leader.  He was eventually successful and there is now a 4 year old Shia Caliph in Egypt. :hmm:

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on May 29, 2013, 09:48:52 AM
That scripted Shia invasion is odd. It first attacked the Saffarids (or maybe Samanids) with a 5 year old leader. His invasion apparently failed and years later the Tulunids got attacked by a 3 year old leader.  He was eventually successful and there is now a 4 year old Shia Caliph in Egypt. :hmm:

I guess an infant can be as useful a vessel of Godly will as an illiterate desert bum.

Queequeg

How big a city can Ani be?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tamas

This is brutal.  :huh:

I thought I had everything under control with my 2nd pagan Hungary game, but Byzantium attacked me for the dalmatian coast and that triggered a never-ending shitstorm. My Bohemian duke AND MY SON independence-rebelled, then Bulgaria holy warred for a single province, while a single-duke pagan neighbor to the north-east wanted to subjugate Hungary, so I gave up on the other two wars to defeat him which I did.
Then a two-province Christian count rebelled, followed by Bulgaria holy warring for Transylvania and Moravia for my capital Duchy.  :huh:

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tamas

I think I will be forced to go orthodox, there is decision to convert to the attacker's religion when holy warred against.