News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Weren't there still assimilated Kumans (Kunsagok?) in central Hungary during the Ottoman period?  Or at least a separate Kuman identity.   
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Apparently both Kumans and Ossetians until the Early Modern.  Damn, Tamas, you are some heterogeneous motherfuckers.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tamas

Quote from: Queequeg on May 28, 2013, 04:49:34 PM
Apparently both Kumans and Ossetians until the Early Modern.  Damn, Tamas, you are some heterogeneous motherfuckers.

:lol: yeah I just read today that even in the early 1700s they were some remaining small uppity Cuman communities.

But my original point was that what the Hungarians did in the game's time period (live somewhere for centuries then pack up and relocate) was by far the exception, and the last ones to actually carve out an independent nation in Europe via that.

Valmy

Quote from: Queequeg on May 28, 2013, 04:45:00 PM
Weren't there still assimilated Kumans (Kunsagok?) in central Hungary during the Ottoman period?  Or at least a separate Kuman identity.   

I thought that was because of what happened when the Mongols rolled on through.  I know Bela Arpad married a Kuman to cement their alliance.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

Quote from: Tamas on May 28, 2013, 04:58:43 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 28, 2013, 04:49:34 PM

:lol: yeah I just read today that even in the early 1700s they were some remaining small uppity Cuman communities.

But my original point was that what the Hungarians did in the game's time period (live somewhere for centuries then pack up and relocate) was by far the exception, and the last ones to actually carve out an independent nation in Europe via that.
Turkey. 

Queequeg

There is a real debate in Ottoman history to the extent to which the Ottoman conquests in Europe can be seen as a continuation of the eon-old "barbarians pushed by more-barbarian barbarians in to civilized area."  The Ottomans had a much easier time conquering Christian areas than Muslim areas, and I think it counts.  That's not even including initial Seljuk conquest.

Queequeg

Quote from: Valmy on May 28, 2013, 05:02:43 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 28, 2013, 04:45:00 PM

I thought that was because of what happened when the Mongols rolled on through.  I know Bela Arpad married a Kuman to cement their alliance.
It was probably mixed.  The Cumans and Pechenegs were on the move anyway. 

garbon

:hmm:

Wessex starts off with too many demesne holdings (9 out of 2!) and given that they have agnatic primo, only way to get Alfred on throne (with amazing stats btw) is to make sure that Aethelred doesn't get married. Seems like at least the first bit should be fixed as it's kinda lame to have to partition everything out.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

I posted a petition thread in PI's forum - for them to produce an official Modding Manual at last - even if we have to pay for it.  Anyone involved in modding should go sign it now!

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

It is odd how they keep adding mod commands and its like okay but I don't really want to spend the time deciphering your syntax.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Quote from: garbon on May 28, 2013, 05:54:24 PM
It is odd how they keep adding mod commands and its like okay but I don't really want to spend the time deciphering your syntax.

Do you make a living out of flippancy?  Or is this just a natural 'bent'?  Try focusing on the substance rather than the accessory for a change - it might even get you off the meds!

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on May 28, 2013, 06:16:13 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 28, 2013, 05:54:24 PM

Do you make a living out of flippancy?  Or is this just a natural 'bent'?  Try focusing on the substance rather than the accessory for a change - it might even get you off the meds!

G.

I was agreeing with you, asshole.

Grallon

Quote from: garbon on May 28, 2013, 06:19:05 PM

I was agreeing with you, asshole.

An earnest response for a change!  There's hope yet.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

Took a look at this.  So where's the HRE?  Does it appear later on or what?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

So not surprising but I think they are going to need to tone down the Norse. Scotland and England are mostly in Norse hands as is a good chunk of Baltics and Pommerania.