Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on May 28, 2013, 11:17:17 AM
Broken on release?  A Paradox product?  Nah, couldn't be. :hmm:

That meets your definition of broken? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Don't mind me, I'm just being an anti-fanboi. :)

Also map sucks
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Steam has CK2 with all previous DLC (expansions, portraits, music etc.) for 19.99
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on May 28, 2013, 12:08:56 PM
Steam has CK2 with all previous DLC (expansions, portraits, music etc.) for 19.99

That'd be a bitch if someone had bought it earlier this morning when it was still at 79.99 price. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

What's the take on the Norse portraits? I think they look alright.

Tamas

The change to Gavelkind is a BIG DEAL.

It is much-much harder to optimize who will inherit what. And two Kingdom titles without Emperorship means asking for trouble.
I am having problems and troubles keeping my realm organized and in one piece bigger than ever since I learned how to play the game due to this. Very nice.

Drakken

I like how the Norse pagans play out. Very easy to expand when you get settled, but the shit hits the fan when the Heir takes up the throne and everyone wants either to get rid of him and/or their share of the pie. It's deceivingly easy to expand, but when your 6000 prestige king dies and the schmuck takes the crown and the situation gets quickly cutthroat.

Also, gavelkind is now very smart. Kingdoms and Dukedoms are now splitted first among the main heirs with their respective de jure duchies and counties attached to it, then the lone counties get evenly split.

Tamas

Quote from: Drakken on May 28, 2013, 03:11:20 PM
I like how the Norse pagans play out. Very easy to expand when you get settled, but the shit hits the fan when the Heir takes up the throne and everyone wants either to get rid of him and/or their share of the pie. It's deceivingly easy to expand, but when your 6000 prestige king dies and the schmuck takes the crown and the situation gets quickly cutthroat.

Also, gavelkind is now very smart. Kingdoms and Dukedoms are now splitted first among the main heits with their respective de jure counties attached to it, then the lone counties get evenly split.

yeah, my Hungary game was destroyed by the same thing. Glorious Arpad conquered Hungary, most of Bohemia and Croatia, plus Wallachia and Belgrade. Then his son took over, who only had to deal with one rebellion wanting to put his shaman cousin on the throne instead of him, which was fine, except that he died in his battle and his Possessed son took over and then all hell broke lose. Which was precisely what Catholic Poland wanted....

Speaking of faction rebellions. Did that get changed? One of the faction wars had a one-province count as leader so of course I went to his place and captured it. Barely moved the war counter!

Maximus

Quote from: Tamas on May 28, 2013, 03:19:18 PM
Speaking of faction rebellions. Did that get changed? One of the faction wars had a one-province count as leader so of course I went to his place and captured it. Barely moved the war counter!
I think that may have changed in the last patch.

Drakken

Not that I know of. AI still takes only the number of troops as threshold for revolting, as far as I know. That said, warscore and prestige gains from battle have been upped a lot, making battles way more decisive.

I like the TPATT/CK2 system of factions way more, albeit still a bit too stable and passive for my taste.

garbon

Like Max said, I think that changed in 1.09. To my mind, kinda makes civil wars more tedious as most of the time you're still in a position to win - just takes longer. :D

Sounds like the gavelkind change is really good then. Can't wait to get home. :D

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on May 28, 2013, 03:36:12 PM

Not that I know of. AI still takes only the number of troops as threshold for revolting, as far as I know. That said, warscore and prestige gains from battle have been upped a lot, making battles way more decisive.

I like the TPATT/CK2 system of factions way more, albeit still a bit too stable and passive for my taste.

I think Tamas was referring to the fact that capturing the land of the faction leader no longer gives you the bulk of the required warscore. You now need to mop-up other participants in the battle as well.

Grallon

New DLC is installed but doesn't load - still starting in 1066.  Still the new tech system looks intriguing.  *sigh* I'll have to rework my building system again.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Queequeg

Quote from: Tamas on May 28, 2013, 11:20:21 AM
I mean, there is no mechanic there in the first place. The Hungarian situation was kind of unique, wasn't it? We were just about the last European nation to do that kind of migration.
Turkey.  :P
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Also, I think there's a real argument that the Vlachs were still migratory during much of this period.  And the various migratory peoples who eventually assimilated in to Hungarians, Vlachs, Slavs or Greeks. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."