News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

The landless adventurers that they've been talking about since near the announcement of the DLC? :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on May 14, 2013, 07:39:18 AM
The landless adventurers that they've been talking about since near the announcement of the DLC? :P

the rebels with a cause one

garbon

http://www.crusaderkings.com/news/2013/2/crusader-kings-ii-the-old-gods-announced

QuoteRebels With a Cause: Rebels are no longer faceless rabble, but led by defined characters with specific agendas
Adventurers: Watch as landless younger sons and charismatic warriors raise armies

Though granted they've been pretty mum on it sense.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

R you really dissing me and Tim for not being absolutely up to date in every details of an upcoming Paradox product? Seriously? That's worse than Jaron's pre-release Victoria review on Amazon :P

garbon

I'm not the one embracing Timmay emotions.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on May 14, 2013, 08:21:26 AM
I'm not the one embracing Timmay emotions.

No, you are the one requiring detailed knowledge of the future feature list.

garbon

I simply think if you are going to say "The new DLC is really starting to sound incredible!" it shouldn't be in response to dull info and information revealed in one of the very first press releases, more than 3 months prior.  Heavy stuff, I know. :)

Besides, how is that different from mocking individuals who post a news story several days after it was already posted on Languish?

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on May 14, 2013, 08:34:01 AM
I simply think if you are going to say "The new DLC is really starting to sound incredible!" it shouldn't be in response to dull info and information revealed in one of the very first press releases, more than 3 months prior.  Heavy stuff, I know. :)

Besides, how is that different from mocking individuals who post a news story several days after it was already posted on Languish?

I felt like drawing a line in the sand for Timmy-mocking.  :sleep:

garbon

Actually, let's one up it for you, Tammy - just because I care. :hug:

Quote from: Tamas on January 31, 2013, 06:52:00 AM
-rebels with a cause

-landless characters can gather armies and conquer shit

-867AD

WTF will they do with the Hungarians?

Quote from: Tamas on January 31, 2013, 10:32:11 AM
I don't care much for the new start date. Info on that times must be sketchy at best, especially on the count level.

But I like the idea of buffing pagans during the normal timeframe, as well as adventurers (if limited enough), and rebels with a cause.

Tamas

January? That's like ages ago. :P

Aaand, what did you prove here, exactly?

AnchorClanker

Stupid question - is this game pretty decent on a laptop, or will I need to run it on my desktop?
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on May 14, 2013, 09:08:14 AM
January? That's like ages ago. :P

Aaand, what did you prove here, exactly?

That your memory is shot to shit. :(

garbon

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 14, 2013, 09:08:36 AM
Stupid question - is this game pretty decent on a laptop, or will I need to run it on my desktop?

I guess it depends on what your laptop is like. That said, I play it on my lenovo laptop from work without any major issues (and still seems fairly fast at higher speeds).

AnchorClanker

Quote from: garbon on May 14, 2013, 09:10:02 AM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 14, 2013, 09:08:36 AM

I guess it depends on what your laptop is like. That said, I play it on my lenovo laptop from work without any major issues (and still seems fairly fast at higher speeds).

OK, cool.  I just got a new laptop (old one gave up the ghost) and I haven't upgraded my desktop yet.  I'll download it today.   :D
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on May 14, 2013, 07:43:44 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 14, 2013, 07:39:18 AM

the rebels with a cause one
Definitely
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point