News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 02, 2013, 08:43:55 AM
Bought all the major DLCs and started a game for the first time since vanilla. Got involved in a war to replace the king. The Duke we were backing died. Shouldn't the war have ended?  :huh:

You mean like the way the death of Richard Duke of York ended the Wars of the Roses?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

Well, in the vanilla CK2 the war would have ended with the Duke's death so I was surprised.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 02, 2013, 09:04:38 AM
Well, in the vanilla CK2 the war would have ended with the Duke's death so I was surprised.

What type of war was it? Did it stem from a faction or a depose liege CB?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on April 02, 2013, 09:06:11 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 02, 2013, 09:04:38 AM

What type of war was it? Did it stem from a faction or a depose liege CB?
A faction to put Duke Robert the Old on the throne. Factions are new to me. Not sure how they work yet.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Anyone know if CK+ is working yet on the new patch?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

New dev diary on raiding wasn't that interesting. I think most had been revealed in the live play.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on April 02, 2013, 09:50:26 AM
Anyone know if CK+ is working yet on the new patch?

Why don't you check the CK2+ thread? Last posts seem to suggest fix for 1.092 has not yet been combined into mod.

garbon

Random question but has anyone ever played long enough to see the Timurids*?

*thinking from 1066 or Alexiad start as would be a bit easier from later ones. :D

Tamas

I saw them once. They had some impact on the Ilkhanate blog IIRC but not overwhelming

jimmy olsen

Has anyone played the Westeros vs. Europe mod?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 06, 2013, 05:34:49 AM
Never heard of it, sounds interesting.
I did try the westeros one, shame it doesnt really work given the grand scale life is fleeting nature of CK and ASOIAF's much smaller time scale
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on April 05, 2013, 11:16:34 AM
Random question but has anyone ever played long enough to see the Timurids*?

*thinking from 1066 or Alexiad start as would be a bit easier from later ones. :D

My game always gets a fatal crash before then.  I always seem to have that problem with Paradox games. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maximus

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on April 14, 2013, 08:39:27 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 06, 2013, 05:34:49 AM
Never heard of it, sounds interesting.
I did try the westeros one, shame it doesnt really work given the grand scale life is fleeting nature of CK and ASOIAF's much smaller time scale
Start with the Aegon the Conqueror scenario then.

Westeros vs. Europe does the same.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?680354-Mod-Westeros-vs.-Europe

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

From latest DD:

QuoteNon-pagans suffer from a significantly smaller supply limit when in pagan territory, which limits their ability to march massive armies towards the heathen homelands at the start of the game. This penalty will eventually be removed as you progress through the Military Organization technologies.