News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Queequeg on March 28, 2013, 09:09:52 AM
Rivers only navigable for Vikings? What about the Rus'? Seems silly.

aren't you being redundant there?

garbon

I think Rurik and that other guy south of him (around Kiev) also start as Norse/Norse religion with the idea that they convert over time to Russian - so I think they'll have the ability for sometime.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

The problem with the HRE is not its stability as it was fairly stable with regards to its external border. The problem is that the emperor is way too strong and there is not enough internal conflict. The prince-electors should most of the time demand to lower crown authority or else.

garbon

Kinda fun game in my recent go around with CK2. Started as county of Strathearn and by the time of first count's son, now rule as Duke of Albany and Ulster. Because of my meddling, England is now split into North and South. Saxon Mercia rules the northern part and southern part is ruled by Scots - a branch of my dynasty (well now my current character's grandson).

I've had to prop up that southern regime though by constantly joining wars against their disloyal vassals. I need to get Scotland's crown authority back down so that King of England is my heir again (currently one of his brother's).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

So what strategy do people generally use to advance from count to duke or from duke to king? Assassinate a lot until you are the first heir? Or declare war using claims (and then how do you ensure victory as a little count against a duke)?

garbon

Count to duke - I fabricate on nearby counts until I have enough to either create a duchy or rest it from my ducal overlord.

garbon

Quote from: garbon on March 30, 2013, 12:27:52 PM
Kinda fun game in my recent go around with CK2. Started as county of Strathearn and by the time of first count's son, now rule as Duke of Albany and Ulster. Because of my meddling, England is now split into North and South. Saxon Mercia rules the northern part and southern part is ruled by Scots - a branch of my dynasty (well now my current character's grandson).

I've had to prop up that southern regime though by constantly joining wars against their disloyal vassals. I need to get Scotland's crown authority back down so that King of England is my heir again (currently one of his brother's).

I couldn't help myself. I disputed the succession in England and now rule the middle section of Scotland, northern Ireland, Normandy and southern England. Now both Scotland and France want a bite out of me. :D

One thing I notice though is disputing succession cb seems for the most part useless vs. claim cb. I went with it as it seemed a little more RP-like and as my character was a minor thought crown authority reduction might make his vassals more likely to stay loyal.  Other than that don't really see why one would pick it over claim cb, given that when you dispute a succession - there is no white peace option.

Josquius

The tech stuff sounds rather bleeding eyes. One for the kids there.
Sounds like there are a lot of potential exploits with the new features- why assassinate someone at your court when you can make him chaplain and send him to convert christhateland
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I never understood the tech from Crusader Kings.  So a new system would be fine.  Hell, I would be fine if there wasn't player control tech system.  It would be cool if techs just spontaneously pop up in provinces and spread on their own.  Peaceful and prosperous provinces that haven't been raided recently are more likely to have techs pop up or spread to them.  War torn and poverty stricken lands are less likely to have tech increases.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

Idk if that is accurate. 15th Century Italy was hardly peaceful. Trade would seem more important, and Republics should get a bonus.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Republics still need a lot of nerfing.

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on March 31, 2013, 08:33:46 PM
I never understood the tech from Crusader Kings.  So a new system would be fine.  Hell, I would be fine if there wasn't player control tech system.  It would be cool if techs just spontaneously pop up in provinces and spread on their own.  Peaceful and prosperous provinces that haven't been raided recently are more likely to have techs pop up or spread to them.  War torn and poverty stricken lands are less likely to have tech increases.

isnt that the way it works?
ive never paid attention to tech in ck2
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Has anyone ever had issues with crusade for Jerusalem? I've had two games recently where the box popped up to say that the crusade for Jerusalem was won and yet there are no Christian states with the kingdom and all of the provinces in Jerusalem are still owned by muslims.

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on March 31, 2013, 09:08:39 PM
Idk if that is accurate. 15th Century Italy was hardly peaceful. Trade would seem more important, and Republics should get a bonus.

Well I doubt being pillaged does a great deal for research.  And the devastating Italian wars of the 16th century kinda put back Italy's preeminence in innovation.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Bought all the major DLCs and started a game for the first time since vanilla. Got involved in a war to replace the king. The Duke we were backing died. Shouldn't the war have ended?  :huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point