And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 26, 2013, 03:32:05 PM
Thanks Marty.

CK being CK, you're still going to get a fair share of early deaths.  Have you been able to sustain this strategy for an entire game?

No, but then I usually manage to get to a royal title within one or two generations, so this goes away.

Also, I haven't played in a while but I think that if you are running Gavelkind and have several highest level titles, but all your demesne holdings are withing your primary title (say, you are Duke of Anjou, Bourbon and Orleans, but hold demesne only in Anjou), then your extra sons will only get demesne titles but not the higher titles.

garbon

This is the response I got when I reminded someone that they don't have to purchase face packs if they don't like them.

QuoteI will buy all the DLC whether I like it or not, because I want Paradox to continue making DLC.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I wonder from the stream how balance will be. When King was playing, Jylland ate up all of Wessex and by the time I stopped watching - Sweden had all of Sweden, Denmark and most of England.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Why is it that the levies I raise from my demesne are always smaller (usually way smaller) than what it says they should be on the castle screen (the one you build on)?

Admiral Yi

Also, what difference do HR emperor nominations make, if any?

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 27, 2013, 02:20:56 PM

Ask Cal.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 27, 2013, 02:20:56 PM

They count as a vote (support?) towards that candidate. Top 3 candidates (those with most report) show up on succession screen.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on March 27, 2013, 03:15:13 PM
They count as a vote (support?) towards that candidate. Top 3 candidates (those with most report) show up on succession screen.

And what difference does that make?

garbon

Well, that determines who is the next Emperor. :P

Martinus

Highlights from the yesterday's dev chat:

Quote•Status of development: feature-complete alpha build. They are now balancing the game.
•Petty king title is given to independent dukes of certain cultures.
•Tech reworked. You get tech points every month and can spend it to upgrade stuff.
•Navigable rivers only usable by Vikings.
•Norse have a "Subjugation" CB that allows them to conquer nearby territories and vassalize them.
•You can send your Court Chaplain (as a Christian at least) to pagan provinces. The leader receives an event to welcome the chaplain or toss him in prison and then sacrifice him during a blót.
•Iceland is already settled in 867.
•Pagans apparently cannot switch from Gavelkind succession until they reform their religion.
•If you get holy warred as a pagan you can apparently convert to Christianity to save yourself.
•Pagan religions can be reformed. This turns them into a more structured religion with a religious head. To reform your pagan faith, you have to take control of several holy sites (bishoprics) and have 500 piety. Reformed paganism makes your vassals get mad when their levies are raised. In the stream, the West African faith and the Norse faith were reformed.
•Once reformed, the old ways become a heresy and can appear in provinces.
•No map expansions. Three or so new de jure empires: Tartaria (in the steppes), Carpathia (north of Black Sea), Wendish Empire (around Poland/Lithuania).
•Raiding: Raiding does not require a casus belli. You assemble an army and toggle a button on the army screen. Then you go siege a holding a loot it. Loot is stored in your boats. Disbanding your boat in a friendly port will give you the gold. You automatically become hostile to the country you are looting.
•Invite all to plot button? Not in this expansion. Don't know what will come in the future.
•Will there be new Norse faces? Yes.
•Zoroastrians: Not too many details in this stream. Reforming the Zoroastrian high priestship was mentioned if you capture the holy sites.
•End game balance: Technology has been rebalanced to take more to upgrade. It's more spaced out.
•Winning a pagan invasion will convert some provinces' culture to help you out.
•They are experimenting with the HRE/Francia area by removing the empires and making them kingdoms with family alliances. France is set up to inherit Germany. Lotharginia will break into two kingdoms via Gavelkind.
•Women can be Seers (court chaplains) for the (Reformed) Norse.
•No scripted Seljuk invasion.
•Genghis Khan bookmark added so you can play as Genghis Khan and conquer your way across Europe.
•In single player, you need the expansion to be able to play from 867. Not sure about multiplayer.
•New "Prepare Invasion" diplomacy option. This starts an event chain where adventurers join your army. You get a set amount of time to declare war (2 years in the stream). The war is declared with a Prepared Invasion casus belli.
•Character search: will not have sort by "Join Your Court" or a status showing it in this patch.
•You can capture people when sieging holdings. As Norse you can force captured women to be your concubine.
•When Christians want to attack pagans, they get higher attrition. Pagans do not have reduced attrition when attacking Christians. The higher attrition gives pagans a defensive advantage against Christians in the early game. Technology upgrades reduces this penalty in later years.

Tamas

QuoteThree or so new de jure empires: Tartaria (in the steppes), Carpathia (north of Black Sea), Wendish Empire (around Poland/Lithuania).

:bleeding:

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on March 28, 2013, 03:50:11 AM
QuoteThree or so new de jure empires: Tartaria (in the steppes), Carpathia (north of Black Sea), Wendish Empire (around Poland/Lithuania).

:bleeding:

I suspect they are just pagan-created, much like, say, Hispania can be only created by Christians.

In that case, I think this is quite sensible. I want to be Martinus the Terrible, Overlord of Carpathia and Scourge of Catholics. :P

Tamas

What is a good idea there, is not having the HRE as an Empire. The Empire is a flawed concept, because it makes stuff too stable

Martinus

What would be cool is to have the HRE imperial title as a sort of titular imperial title that "disappears" in each succession and may be "recreated" through an event in which the King of Germany is crowned the emperor by the Pope.

This could nicely simulate each Emperor having to effectively demand the oath of fealty from each nominal vassal, and would ensure the imperial title is kept at autonomic or low crown authority.

Queequeg

Rivers only navigable for Vikings? What about the Rus'? Seems silly.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."