And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on March 22, 2013, 03:50:30 AM
Major rivers, then.

yeah, and a whole load of rivers we consider as secundary or even tertiary today. all kinds of crazy shit was navigatable back then.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on March 21, 2013, 12:12:24 AM
Which rivers did the Vikings navigate, anyways? Seine, Rhine, Elbe, Volga and that other Russian stream . . . . Thames?
St. Lawrence. :ph34r:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

I think Steam patched my game automatically and zapped the wife finder.

I still get the normal betrothal thingy, but not the one where you go to get smart wives.

Anyone know what's up? :unsure:

Razgovory

Steam does that.  It's annoying.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Interesting, I didn't know we were getting another patch today.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

QuoteThis patch rebalances Merchant Republics: There is now a limit to how many Trade Posts you can have, based on palace upgrades and the number of adult male dynasty members in your court. "Family Dues" are now paid only to adult male dynasty members in your court, and they all receive the same share. Also, the Seize Trade Post plot has been nerfed in several ways (see the change log below.)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote- The republican CB to seize a coastal city now requires the Patrician to have a trade post there already

no need to mod that in anymore!

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 24, 2013, 08:02:42 PM
I think Steam patched my game automatically and zapped the wife finder.

I still get the normal betrothal thingy, but not the one where you go to get smart wives.

Anyone know what's up? :unsure:
Wasn't that just moved to the lower right somewhere?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on March 25, 2013, 12:17:42 PM
Wasn't that just moved to the lower right somewhere?

I mouse hovered over every damn pixel on that screen and couldn't find anything that looked like a wife finder.  I might try again.

But I'm having a deeper, metaphysical problem with this game.  In CK I you expanded by slowly stacking up provinces and handing them off to courtiers or whoever as you gained the ducal titles.  In CK II you can't slowly expand because everybody starts out with gavelkind and can't change it.  So the game reduces to a soap opera where you diddle diddle with your character beating up hedge knights or exorcising sink holes.  It may be very realistic in that you'll likely end up about where you started--barring a couple of miraculous marriages + deaths--but it's not a whole lot of fun for a guy who likes to go conquering.

Maybe I should give Poland a try, so I can conquer pagans.

Admiral Yi

Thanks Zanza, found the wife finder.

Are there any realms that start with primogeniture?

garbon

I agree Yi that Gavelkind can have the tendency to lead to realms staying smaller - though I think for player it tends to have you actually expand faster so that you can get to a level where you only have one main title / set yourself up to be able to change crown laws and escape gavelkind. Haven't myself seen much issue with it.

I believe the Byzantines operate without gavelkind - though don't recall for the doux under them.

Razgovory

Muslims don't have gavelkind.  It was never a big problem for me, I managed to get rid of it within one or two generations.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

The Empire itself is Primogeniture, but at least under CK2+ the douxes are gavelkind.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Martinus

France and England are primogeniture.

Queequeg

The Catalan County ("Duchy") is too, as are the largest French vassals.

I think states should naturally progress towards primogeniture like in CK 1.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."