News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Go to the Intrigue page and look in the decisions. If you float over the restore Roman empire decision (forget the name) it'll list for you the necessary conditions. And no it isn't destruction of HRE but rather just controlling a bunch of key duchies around Mediterranean.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

OttoVonBismarck

I think it's basically a goodly portion of the Kingdom of Italy (but not every duchy), Sicily, portions of N. Africa, portions of Egypt, portions of the Levant + everything the Byz start with I believe.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Grallon on February 11, 2013, 12:05:58 PM
What are the prerequisites to reform the *true* Roman Empire?  Must the HRE be eliminated completely?  When I look at the de Jure empire filter I only see Byzantium and the HRE.  I have the DLC.

I restarted as Matilda di Canossa and in the course of her 60 year long reign (yeah I gave her 7.5 health and plenty of money to test run the new mechanics) I unified Lombardy.  It was pretty easy with the new limited goal wars - the AI folds as soon as you occupy whatever your goal is.  Without the extra money of course I couldn't have kept the several mercenary companies as a standing army - nor bribe everyone's obediance - thus avoiding the faction upheavals.  Now her grandsons has succedded her and I'd like to rebuild Rome.

Also did Paradox *ever* released a modding manual?

G.

What are the new limited goal wars?

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on February 11, 2013, 12:08:31 PM
Hover over the decision to recreate the Roman empire - essentially, you need to own all de jure provinces of Byzantium plus some additional in Italy (I think).

Only Byzantium can recreate the Roman empire by the way so it can't be done as Tuscany.

That does seem kinda odd, since Byzantium called called itself the Roman Empire.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on February 11, 2013, 01:28:41 PM
Quote from: Martinus on February 11, 2013, 12:08:31 PM
Hover over the decision to recreate the Roman empire - essentially, you need to own all de jure provinces of Byzantium plus some additional in Italy (I think).

Only Byzantium can recreate the Roman empire by the way so it can't be done as Tuscany.

That does seem kinda odd, since Byzantium called called itself the Roman Empire.

Perhaps but it is sort of like the announcement that the Byzantine Empire is taking on Justinian-like ambitions.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Wouldn't you do that before the conquest spree, and not after?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Caliga

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 11, 2013, 01:26:35 PM
That sounds like one of the features they are planning on including in EU4, but I wasn't aware that it was in CK2. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

Quote from: Razgovory on February 10, 2013, 07:54:26 AM

Well, France and Germany was Western Christendom at the time.  I think you are thinking about England which was still fairly Scandinavian.
I thought hereditary feudalism wasn't really present until the early 10th century in Southern France or Northern German? :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Exactly what definition are you using here?

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 11, 2013, 08:04:01 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 10, 2013, 07:54:26 AM

Well, France and Germany was Western Christendom at the time.  I think you are thinking about England which was still fairly Scandinavian.
I thought hereditary feudalism wasn't really present until the early 10th century in Southern France or Northern German? :mellow:

Any particular case studies?  Looking around the usual suspects (Toulouse, Provence, Gascony, Aquitaine, Saxony) all have hereditary rulers in 867.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Feudalism is kind of a vague term, (some academics don't even like to use it at all).  I do know of feudal arrangements where the the King had to approve of a vassal before he got the land.  So when the old vassal died the new one had to be approved, (though he usually was).  While not de jure hereditary it was a de facto hereditary.

Syt

I started a game as the count Foulque of Tours. He's greedy and ambitious, and his childless brother is the Duke, so within three months the brother had died a suspicious death. Foulque married, but his wife died childless half a year later. He was married to his second wife (an English princess) for a few months when he was promoted to Marshal of France and sent to Paris to train troops.

On the way his coach was ambushed by his sister. She was trying to kill him, as he had learned earlier. He couldn't talk her out of it, so he started plotting her death (he couldn't imprison her due to her being at a different court). Her plot succeded, so Foulques was dead.

His sister turned out to have abysmal stats. And she now had the kinslayer trait. On top of that she was in a non-matrilineal marriage, so her children weren't of her dynasty. Fittingly, she had the "Mataeurish Plotter" trait. Didn't think this one through to the end, did we?

When I noticed that her kids were of the wrong dynasty she was already 42, so there was no time to kill the husband and have a new heir conceived. So yeah, she died age 45 of the Great Pox and it was game over (her non-dynasty mother inherited the titles). :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grallon

Quote from: Caliga on February 11, 2013, 07:48:10 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 11, 2013, 01:26:35 PM
That sounds like one of the features they are planning on including in EU4, but I wasn't aware that it was in CK2. :hmm:

Whatever it's called in CKII it is present - if you declare war over a claim on this county - once you have occupied it the AI goes to 100% and he will accept your terms.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Caliga

Well, the last time I played as William the Bastard I managed to capture Godwinson in battle and I was surprised to see the war score immediately go to 100% even though I'd only occupied the Kentish provinces. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on February 12, 2013, 12:06:54 PM
Well, the last time I played as William the Bastard I managed to capture Godwinson in battle and I was surprised to see the war score immediately go to 100% even though I'd only occupied the Kentish provinces. :hmm:

Yeah if you capture the ruler you win now.  I noticed that when I was played my first game since the last patch with Castille.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."