And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on February 06, 2013, 12:37:15 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 06, 2013, 12:34:28 PM
No, as far as I know it doesn't reinforce either. So basically you just have to keep chipping away at it.

OK, That means I did kill the ilkhanate, only with none of the benefits accruing to me, despite me having done all the hard work.

You are still alive.  Isn't that a benefit?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2013, 01:28:14 PM
Quote from: Viking on February 06, 2013, 12:37:15 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 06, 2013, 12:34:28 PM
No, as far as I know it doesn't reinforce either. So basically you just have to keep chipping away at it.

OK, That means I did kill the ilkhanate, only with none of the benefits accruing to me, despite me having done all the hard work.

You are still alive.  Isn't that a benefit?

Actually my character was killed along with his 15 Norman Cavalry retinues, the Templars and Hospitaliers, The White, Great, Breton and Some Italian Mercenary companies on the sands of Gaza. Fortunately his son and mother have the genius trait and her regency passed without incident, though there was a small revolt in the two years between him coming of age and him marrying his genius trait betrothed.

The Crusade was a Papal one to conquer the Kingdom of Jerusalem from the Ilkhanate.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2013, 02:56:58 PM
Having finished reading it - I'm curious as to why they had this interview. Sounds a lot like "work is in progress and we're still figuring shit out". :D
It also sounds like they've basically wanted a Viking game and then realised they've got collapsing Carolingian realms all over the place and so on. Also the difference in societies that weren't terribly feudal back then and so on.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

I never seem to get mongols in my games. Only had them once :(
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 06, 2013, 07:51:39 PM
Having finished reading it - I'm curious as to why they had this interview. Sounds a lot like "work is in progress and we're still figuring shit out". :D
It also sounds like they've basically wanted a Viking game and then realised they've got collapsing Carolingian realms all over the place and so on. Also the difference in societies that weren't terribly feudal back then and so on.

That's very fair. Yeah that's why I didn't want them to push the date back as there is a lot to consider when doing so.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Yeah, as I said earlier, I am actually hoping they will just rush the 867 scenario together and take the outrage on the forums on their chins, and move on. They should concentrate on proper feudal-era stuff instead of burning resources on their Swedish wet dreams.

Razgovory

I dunno, the collapse of the Carolingian Empire is kinda interesting.  It seeems to me they said "let's doing viking stuff!  Yeah that's cool!", without taking a look at all the cool shit that was going on in the period.

The late dark ages is an interesting period, I just feel they bit off more then they chew.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on February 07, 2013, 04:06:55 AM
I dunno, the collapse of the Carolingian Empire is kinda interesting.  It seeems to me they said "let's doing viking stuff!  Yeah that's cool!", without taking a look at all the cool shit that was going on in the period.

The late dark ages is an interesting period, I just feel they bit off more then they chew.

I am saying the exact god damn thing.

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on February 07, 2013, 03:07:03 AM

Yeah, as I said earlier, I am actually hoping they will just rush the 867 scenario together and take the outrage on the forums on their chins, and move on. They should concentrate on proper feudal-era stuff instead of burning resources on their Swedish wet dreams.

To be honest, CK2 is free to use any period between 476 and 1453 for crusader kings.

But then again I have about a hundred changes I'd like to make before I think moving on to Vikings! is relevant.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

The trouble with earlier is that people will demand that the Franks et al be playable. Bodging a scenario together where only the vikings can be played early on could be cool and workable but considering all the other different realms....So much work, 'tis a whole new game.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Ok I think I just had a simple idea, using the current game system, to achieve historical approximation for Byzantine administration - give a Byzantine player a decision (like the one to create a Noble, a Holy Man or a Debutante) to create an eunuch.

Then a player would be able to give titles to eunuchs thus resolving the problem of inheritance.

Btw, what do you think about modelling the aristocratic side of Byzantium like a Republic - with five families - but making the Byzantine succession still primogeniture.

After all, it was a sort of a struggle between five families who robbed the imperial coffers.

LaCroix

it's unfortunate the best way to play islam is to kill all your children except for the chosen heir, and imprison every other relative. i had an enjoyable game going as mali - rose to lord of all africa.. except for a few holdings by the Empire

Faeelin

Honestly, given that these people created Aztec invaders, I'm surprised they just didn't extend the Viking age to 1066 to handwave these problems away.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on February 07, 2013, 04:18:05 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 07, 2013, 04:06:55 AM

I am saying the exact god damn thing.

Yeah, but I say in English rather Hungarian so more people understand me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

I think you, Sheilbh, Tyr, Tamas and myself are all circling around the same commonly held notion. Scary!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.