And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on January 31, 2013, 09:13:23 AM
Archeological finds in Poland:

Marty would have been High Priest if that religion had only survived.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Fireblade on January 31, 2013, 09:37:12 AM
QuoteSorry folks, no Judaism this time around either. Khazaria will most likely be Tengri. The reason is that each previously unplayable religion is receiving special content. Adding one more, especially one that complex, is too much.

Paradox = Anti-Semitic

Really?  Tengri?  Meh :( I figured they would be Jewish but unplayable.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on January 31, 2013, 09:09:17 AM
Quote from: Martinus on January 31, 2013, 08:36:29 AM
I love the new starting date. It is before Poland was Christianized. Perhaps I could avert the greatest blight to ever foul Polish lands: Catholic church.  :cool:

So what sort of religion did the ancient Poles have?  Did they worship Baba Yaga or something?

It was a variation of a polytheistic Slavic pantheon. Perun, the god of thunder, was the equivalent of Zeus/Jupiter.

My personal favourite is Yarilo, Perun's son and god of fertility, youth, sex, spring and athletism, depicted as a young barefoot hunk. 

garbon

Quote from: Fireblade on January 31, 2013, 09:37:12 AM
QuoteSorry folks, no Judaism this time around either. Khazaria will most likely be Tengri. The reason is that each previously unplayable religion is receiving special content. Adding one more, especially one that complex, is too much.

Paradox = Anti-Semitic

Though words seems to be that they aren't doing it because they don't want to appear to be anti-semitic. (see jordarkelf's posts).  Odd though as I don't see why ghettos and pogroms would be necessary to portray. P'dox had no problem with black slaves in EU2.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

The Khazars not being Jewish is fine.  Rather than the entire population being Jewish, it seems more likely it was the nobility that converted to keep the traditional wedge between the Byzantine Empire and the Caliphate.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

As I said on p'dox forum, CK2 is mostly about the nobility.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Hmmm...

Quotethe problem with judaism(in this game) is that the jews where not a majority.The Khazarian leaders,converted to judaism for political purposes,and that s about it.

I sincerley don t understand the obsession of some with the jews.I mean,they where extremley unimportant and above all hated trouought the entire Euro African world !!!They didn t do anything signifiant ,they didn t have a real impact on the Medieval World,they were mostly mere money landers,traders etc.

And if the jews are going to be implemented in game,why shoulden t the Indian Empire be implemented as well?or the Chinese?The were equally unimportant regarding Medieval Euro-Africa.(ok,maybe the chinese were a bit more important nvm)

In conclusion,please stop with this obsession,and try to enjoy the game as it is,a wonderful game !

PDH

Quote from: garbon on January 31, 2013, 10:12:41 AM

Yeah, but given that the Khazars just evaporated after Kiev came through, even that nobility was not too firm in their culture.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on January 31, 2013, 10:09:09 AM
The Khazars not being Jewish is fine.  Rather than the entire population being Jewish, it seems more likely it was the nobility that converted to keep the traditional wedge between the Byzantine Empire and the Caliphate.

Um this is CK2.  The nobility are the only ones who matter.

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on January 31, 2013, 10:14:13 AM

As I said, I don't care really.  What is more important is if the Khazars are going to be settled, nomads, a mix.  Given how few sources there really are about them, and how wildly they have been played up by people with agendas, it is mostly fiction anyway.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

garbon

Quote from: PDH on January 31, 2013, 10:14:13 AM

Yeah, but given that the Khazars just evaporated after Kiev came through, even that nobility was not too firm in their culture.

So you should only be represented in game if you are firm on your culture? Again, similar to the argument on p'dox on Nestorian mongols (which are represented). Seems a similar case though Nestorian makes it in as it is just represented as a labeling change on Christian religion.

Valmy

Lots of nations evaporated when they go their asses kicked, especially Turkic Steppe ones.  I am not sure that is an indication of the flimsyness of their culture.

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on January 31, 2013, 10:14:13 AM

um, this is CK2. The provinces have cultures.

PDH

Quote from: garbon on January 31, 2013, 10:16:23 AM

So you should only be represented in game if you are firm on your culture? Again, similar to the argument on p'dox on Nestorian mongols (which are represented). Seems a similar case though Nestorian makes it in as it is just represented as a labeling change on Christian religion.

Not really my point, as expanded on in the reply to Valmy.  So much about the Khazars is conjecture (and conjecture often made based on agendas), that an accurate portrayal is not too bloody likely anyway.  The Khazars in the mid-9th century as a 'third wheel' between the Caliphate and the Byzantines is what is needed.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

garbon

Different note but England should be fun, no HRE and Byzantine toe-holds in Italy!