Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Viking on January 30, 2013, 11:50:50 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 30, 2013, 10:39:52 AM
How are you relevant to me?

You tell me, you're the one replying to me, not the other way round.

And you're the one being an ass, not me. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

Quote from: Razgovory on January 29, 2013, 11:40:18 PM
Quote from: Maximus on January 29, 2013, 06:36:49 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't care who he or anyone else identifies with. I was just saying using "we" to refer to a group you weren't a part of is incorrect.

I identify with Americans despite not actually being an American until 1981.
Cool

Maximus

Quote from: Tamas on January 15, 2013, 03:34:09 AM
Anybody knows how to mod in the CB requirement to have a trade post present?
Did you figure this one out?

Tamas

Quote from: Maximus on January 30, 2013, 03:04:40 PM

yep.

you are looking for the coastal_republic CB it should be in the "can use" part like this:

can_use_title = {
tier = BARON
is_capital = no # Minor Holding
is_republic = yes
location = {
port = yes
has_trade_post = yes
trade_post_owner = {
OR = {
character = ROOT
is_liege_or_above = ROOT
}
}
}

this is the part I added:
has_trade_post = yes
trade_post_owner = {
OR = {
character = ROOT
is_liege_or_above = ROOT

Tamas

also I added a is_republic = no and   is_patrician = no requirement to the religious war CB's root section

Maximus

Quote from: Tamas on January 30, 2013, 03:53:10 PM
Quote from: Maximus on January 30, 2013, 03:04:40 PM

yep.

you are looking for the coastal_republic CB it should be in the "can use" part like this:

can_use_title = {
tier = BARON
is_capital = no # Minor Holding
is_republic = yes
location = {
port = yes
has_trade_post = yes
trade_post_owner = {
OR = {
character = ROOT
is_liege_or_above = ROOT
}
}
}

this is the part I added:
has_trade_post = yes
trade_post_owner = {
OR = {
character = ROOT
is_liege_or_above = ROOT

Thanks. I was almost there, I had FROM instead of ROOT.

I also made the holy war changes. Hopefully this will slow down the republics a little. This is the update I've been wanting since CK first came out and in general I'm pretty happy with it, but they do need to be restrained a little.

Tamas

yeah I also thought FROM would work, but I think that's actually the target.

Having a very interesting game, started in the 1070s, now into 1190. (I was Duke of Basra now Sultan of Mesopotamia).

Hungary inherited Croatia, crusaded Kingdom of Sicily away, but now these are 3 independent kingdoms, with an independent line of Arpads ruling Sicily.

Not only HRE crusaded away Jerusalem, it gained independence later (!). Didn't last long against a resurrecting Fatimid empire though. Which has been in constant civil wars following an invasion earlier, and now a very colorful place, with white Shia dukes, an Ethiopian ruler of Egypt fighting the Fatimids who want it back.

Also there is a white shia noble with some face-paint I havent seen before.

garbon

Probably that face paint from Africa.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on January 30, 2013, 04:44:25 PM
Probably that face paint from Africa.

yeah I checked and he has Ethiopian culture  :D

Queequeg

And yet with not two ancestors certainly being of the same nationality you think it is ME who should be called out for considering myself Hungarian? WTF man?!
Modern nationality !!!!!!=Where your ancestors and cultural antecedents were in 900 AD/who modern Hungarians have the most in common with. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Viking

Quote from: Queequeg on January 30, 2013, 07:24:58 PM
And yet with not two ancestors certainly being of the same nationality you think it is ME who should be called out for considering myself Hungarian? WTF man?!
Modern nationality !!!!!!=Where your ancestors and cultural antecedents were in 900 AD/who modern Hungarians have the most in common with.

It's 900 AD do you know where your ancestors are?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Give it a rest, jeez.  If Italians can consider themselves of descendants of Romans, and use buildings like Collesium as national systems then what is so objectionable about Hungarians identifying with Magyar raiders?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Reminds me of a game I had where for a century or two the Kingdom of France consisted only of North-West Africa, which caused the kings to go native, literally.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on January 30, 2013, 10:10:58 PM

Give it a rest, jeez.  If Italians can consider themselves of descendants of Romans, and use buildings like Collesium as national systems then what is so objectionable about Hungarians identifying with Magyar raiders?

especially since, again, "Magyar" isn't some ancient tribe long gone, it is what we have called ourselves. It's you people who were too lazy to learn it and applied "Hungarian" instead.

Psellus you always go around making sweeping generalizations based on ancient history, projecting the ancient Caucasus civilizations to the present mountain bandits, and yet you would decline my right to call myself Hungarian? It's crazy.

Tamas