Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Queequeg on January 17, 2013, 04:45:58 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 17, 2013, 03:53:26 AM
The outrage over mediterranean faces not bein aryan-looking is hilarious
It's kind of fucked up that Georgians look like Copts but Ossetians look like they're Yaroslavl natives.  Idk why skin color can't be gradient.  Italy, Iberia and Anatolia are all more phenotypicly diverse than any single region of Northern Europe.

well thats how their engine works. And don't tell me that if you HAVE to choose between modelling caucasian people en masse as pale white or south Italian dirt-skinned, you go with whitey.

Queequeg

A lot of North Caucasians are pale. Shamil Basayev and Ramzan Kadyrov are like me-level pale. That's one of the reasons they were so valued as slave women in the Islamic World. Georgians can be pale.  North Caucasians are not represented in game, but even Armenians can be fair skinned sometimes. 

Probably the weirdest thing is Spain, though. The difference between Catalans and the people of Pays d'Oc is the difference between native Austrians and Austro-Turks when it should be the difference between Austrians and Germans.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on January 17, 2013, 05:08:01 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on January 17, 2013, 04:45:58 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 17, 2013, 03:53:26 AM
The outrage over mediterranean faces not bein aryan-looking is hilarious
It's kind of fucked up that Georgians look like Copts but Ossetians look like they're Yaroslavl natives.  Idk why skin color can't be gradient.  Italy, Iberia and Anatolia are all more phenotypicly diverse than any single region of Northern Europe.

well thats how their engine works. And don't tell me that if you HAVE to choose between modelling caucasian people en masse as pale white or south Italian dirt-skinned, you go with whitey.

The original BLC mod did a better job, I think.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Faeelin

Tried a bit of the Republic. It's cute, but I doubt I'll play it more than once or twice. The lack of naval combat in a mod that is only about maritime republics is a bit of a turnoff.

Queequeg

Quote from: Faeelin on January 17, 2013, 11:07:11 AM
Tried a bit of the Republic. It's cute, but I doubt I'll play it more than once or twice. The lack of naval combat in a mod that is only about maritime republics is a bit of a turnoff.
I'd just load up Patrician 2.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Martinus

I started a game as a Patrician in a Republic of Holland and realised one caveat about playing a Republic that is a vassal of another ruler: if the republic goes to war against the liege and loses (which you may have no control over if you are currently not the Doge), prepare for a game over when the liege revokes your ducal/royal title, thus making you an unplayable republic.   :homestar:

Maladict

Martinus

I started as the Holy Roman Emperor, revoked Duchy of Holand and County of Holland, and gave it to a mayor of one city there. Then saved and chose the newly made Republic of Holland to play.

Maladict

Quote from: Martinus on January 18, 2013, 04:48:47 AM
I started as the Holy Roman Emperor, revoked Duchy of Holand and County of Holland, and gave it to a mayor of one city there. Then saved and chose the newly made Republic of Holland to play.

Oh, right. Forgot about that.

Martinus

The downside of this is that you start with absolutely no courtiers and have to invite them to fill in the court posts.

Also, within the first three years, one of the patrician houses was destroyed (essentially, the head of the house failed to produce a male heir before succumbing to small pox) so I got a message that the house was destroyed and another emerged in its place.  :D

Tamas

Modding fever is hitting me again. Well, as much as tweaking a few parameters can be called modding.

I have removed holy war from republics, made them only use coastal-city-conquering on provinces with their own tradeposts, and raised muslim invasion piety cost to 2000 from 500.

I will try to nerf HRE somehow too, altough that has to be a bitch.

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on January 18, 2013, 05:26:15 AM
Modding fever is hitting me again. Well, as much as tweaking a few parameters can be called modding.

I have removed holy war from republics, made them only use coastal-city-conquering on provinces with their own tradeposts, and raised muslim invasion piety cost to 2000 from 500.

I will try to nerf HRE somehow too, altough that has to be a bitch.

:lol:

It seems every expansion Paradox does makes the focus of that expansion an overpowered monster. It was the case with Muslims, then Byzantium and now Republics. :P

Tamas

Yeah but beside that, there are permanent issues, mostly raising from the fact of everybody operating under the same rules, one of those rules being that it is easier to conquer the opposing religion.

That's why Fatimids always invade Greece. Why wouldn't the?

Martinus

I think for now the best way of dealing with Fatimids is to choose the Alexiad start. You lose only 15 years of the grand campaign (which is not a lot) and you have them on their knees at that point in history already.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on January 18, 2013, 05:39:51 AM
I think for now the best way of dealing with Fatimids is to choose the Alexiad start. You lose only 15 years of the grand campaign (which is not a lot) and you have them on their knees at that point in history already.

I am doing just that as Byzantium. Were repelling Fatimid invasions of Greece every 15 years or so.