News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Cecil on January 16, 2013, 04:18:38 PM
Well apparently the new faces DLC went over about as well as a piece of broken glass in the urinary tract.  :D

At some point in the Med faces thread the artists thanks people for liking his work. :mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

I am quite fine with the faces actually. Less idealized than the default ones, but ok.

garbon

Not to me. They look crappy like how Russian ones did - actually not sure which one I like least. Best so far seem to be the African faces.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on January 16, 2013, 04:48:42 PM
Not to me. They look crappy like how Russian ones did - actually not sure which one I like least. Best so far seem to be the African faces.

Russian faces can be pretty bad, yes. I think the Med ones are ok.

garbon

Btw, people were still complaining about Fatimids - but in my first 1.09 game - Sicily/Naples was protected as Pisa took the time to conquer Emirate of Sicily. :D

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on January 16, 2013, 04:53:00 PM
Btw, people were still complaining about Fatimids - but in my first 1.09 game - Sicily/Naples was protected as Pisa took the time to conquer Emirate of Sicily. :D

Yeah I saw the Doge of Pisa become Super Doge of Sicily before.  I think this super republic got conquered by the Fatimids eventually though.

They seem to have a hard time modeling the decadence and corruption and incompetence of the Fatimids.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Well they need to account somehow for how the turkish mercs were on the verge of rebellion (/had already rebelled) by the 1066 start.

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on January 16, 2013, 05:22:47 PM
Well they need to account somehow for how the turkish mercs were on the verge of rebellion (/had already rebelled) by the 1066 start.
IDK why they don't just supercharge the decadance.  It shouldn't be able to compete with the Seljuks. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

I usually see the Fatamids go out from Decadence but they take out Greece first.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

So before I start a new game, I guess I should wait for the next patch? Is there an ETA for that?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

I don't recall if it was posted here or on CK2 forum, but someone suggested a good way to deal with Fatimids (and similar Muslim blocs):

- decadence is gradual, rather than one-off (so you start getting bad shit happening around 50% decadence, and it just gets worse)
- when you get the invasion at 100% decadence, it should be several different tribes targeting duchies/kingdoms within the decadent realm, and not just new super-power replacing the old one

Tamas

The outrage over mediterranean faces not bein aryan-looking is hilarious

Martinus

I think the biggest outrage is the bug that makes the Mac version unplayable.

Apparently, there is a relatively easy work around (it seems the republic view and the faction view sounds are missing, so when you click these, there is a high chance of the game crashing to desktop - all you need to do is to copy two extra files and rename them) but the fact that there is no communication from Paradox about this for over two days and they have not released an emergency hot fix to this is a bit outrageous.

garbon

Queequeg

Quote from: Tamas on January 17, 2013, 03:53:26 AM
The outrage over mediterranean faces not bein aryan-looking is hilarious
It's kind of fucked up that Georgians look like Copts but Ossetians look like they're Yaroslavl natives.  Idk why skin color can't be gradient.  Italy, Iberia and Anatolia are all more phenotypicly diverse than any single region of Northern Europe.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."